Everyone knows that purchasing a new air cutter is one of the biggest decisions you’re ever going to make. That’s why it’s so important to do your research beforehand. Every air cutter on the market has different features. Some features might appeal to you more than others, and you have to be sure that what you want isn’t too good to be true before purchasing anything. You should also think about safety while in the process of making your decision.
Best air cutter : Top 10 Picks!
1. YESWELDER CUT-55DS 55Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter 1/2 Inch Clean Cut, Digital 110/220V Dual Voltage IGBT Inverter Plasma Cutting Machine with ETL Approved
- Non-Touch Pilot Arc: Efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag. Pilot arc technology allows you to cut without touching the tip to the metal. Better cutting quality and longer consumable life.
- Built-in Post Flow：When you stop cutting, the air runs on for a minute to cool the consumable of the plasma cutter torch. This will extend consumable life.
- Powerful Cutting Ability：10-55 A DC output, 1/2”ideal clean cut and 3/4”maximum severance cut under 220/240V，60% Duty Cycle. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- Lightweight and Portable：Allows for connection to 110- or 220-volt receptacles without tools，Portable in the shop or at the job site—at 13 lb the shoulder strap allows the end user to easily move from location to location
- Added Safety：Certificated by ETL，Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection,temperature control
Additional Info :
2. Hobart 500564 Airforce 12ci Plasma Cutter with Built-In Air Compressor 120V , Brown
- Built in Air Compressor
- Cuts faster than oxy fuel
- Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping
- No gas pressure settings for flame tuning needed
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up
Additional Info :
3. TOOLIOM 50A Non-Touch Pilot ARC Air Plasma Cutter Dual Voltage 110V/220V IGBT Inverter Metal Cutting Machine 1/2″ Clean Cut
- Non-touch Polit ARC: Can effectively cut rough, painted and rusty surfaces, and generates the least slag. The torch head does not need to touch the metal plate, then it will start arc. Better cutting quality and longer consumable life
- Powerful Cutting Effect: Up to 50A output, 60% Duty Cycle, maximum 1/2″ clean cut.
- Multi-applications: Suitable for cutting stainless steel, alloy steel, low carbon steel, copper and other metal materials.
- Safety Protection: Certificated by ETL, built in over current protection, over load protection, temperature control.
- Portable: Auto-voltage adapts to 110 V – 220 V input power with adapter. Lightweight 13lb, can be carry and storage anywhere you need.
4. JOMWECL Plasma Cutter, 50 AMP Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter, 3 in 1 Air Plasma Cutter Dual Voltage 110v/220v, 3/4″Max Clean Cut, CT520DP
- 🔥Non-touch Pilot ARC Plasma Cutter: 50-Amp inverter Pilot Arc Plasma Cutters,efficiently cuts though rough, painted and rusty surfaces. Pilot arc technology allows you to cut without touching the tip to the metal. Better cutting quality and longer life.
- 🔥TIG/MMA Welding Function: The thickness of the plasma cutting machine and the welding effect in the tig mode are very good. It is suitable for beginners and experienced people in all welding fields.
- 🔥Cutting Performance: 10-50 A DC output, 1/2” clean cut and 3/4” maximum cut under 220V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3″ ideal clean cut and 2/5″ maximum severance cut under 110V. Welding Performance: Compatible with φ Max.3.2mm acid & alkaline electrode.
- 🔥 50 Amp output★: Up to 50A output current can cut up to 31/64 inch (13.0 mm) boards. Equipped with digital display and alarm LED to read the output welding current.
- 🔥Our service: We offer 60 days refund and a 2-YEARS Limited Warranty: include 1 Year NEW Replacement Warranty. please feel free to contact us by phone or email, We are glad to serve you。
Additional Info :
5. 50Amp Non-Touch Pilot Air Plasma Cutter 110V / 220V Dual Voltage Inverter DC Digital Display IGBT Portable Cutting Machine
- 🛡️ Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter★: Pilot Arc Technology Allows You To Cut Without Touching The Tip To The Metal.Efficiently Cuts Though Rough, Painted, And Rusty Surfaces. Portablet Plasma Cutter Has A Handle For Portability And Uses Non-hazardous Compressed Air To Cut Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, And Torch Efficiently Cuts Though Rough, Painted, And Rusty Surfaces And Produces Minimal Slag; Better Cutting Quality And Longer Consumable Life
- 🛡️50 Amp OUTPUT ★: Up To 50A Output Current Can Cut Up To 31/64 Inch (13.0mm) Plate. Equipped With Digital Display And Alarm LED, Read The Output Welding Current
- 🛡️ PACKAGE INCLUDES★: Power Supply, Plasma Cutting Torch, Ground Clamp,Converter Power Cord, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” Industry Type D Plug And Air Filter Regulator, Consumables, Instruction Manual, Etc.(As Picture)( Stainless Steel,Gas Tube, Hoop,Plasma Tips Nozzle Extended, Electrode- Extended,Shroud Ceramic Cup ,Gas Ring)
- 🛡️Plasma Cutter Can Be Plugged Into 120V / 230V Dual Voltage Using(Automatic Fitting)
Additional Info :
6. Lotos LTP7000 70Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc IGBT Air Plasma Cutter, 7/8 inch clean cut
- ★ CUT THICKNESS: Ideal Cut: 7/8″ Inch; Maximum: 1 1/4″ Inch. OUPUT: Current 20~70A Duty Cycle @ 40C (104F) 60% @70A & 100% @40A. SUITABLE: For stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper and aluminum. ★ INPUT: Voltages 210~250V, 1PH, 50/60Hz; Current 200~220V, 1PH, 50A. Recommend Circuit Breaker Size: 60AMP.
- ★NON-TOUCH PILOT ARC: Pilot arc torch efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag. ★ 2T/4T ENABLED: Release your finger for long time cut★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color LTP7000D Plasma Cutter are: BCON40 and BCON90. Please search “Lotos BCON40” or “BCON90”
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We offer 30 days refund and a 3-YEARS Limited Warranty: include 1 Year NEW Replacement Warranty. ★ US BASED CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT TEAM: please feel free to contact us by phone or email, we always stand Back on Our Products. Please submit the registration form on our website.
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN: The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ PACKAGE INCLUDES: 70AMP Power supply, Plasma cutting torch, ground clamp, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and Air filter regulator, consumables, Instruction Manual, etc.
Additional Info :
7. ANDELI 50Amp Plasma Cutter Built-in Air Compressor Maximum Cut Thickness 63/64″(25mm) Low Frequency DC Inverter IGBT Air Plasma Cutting Machine CUT-50Y Pro X (220V)
- 【🏆BUILT-IN AIR COMPRESSOR】 A Real Breakthrough Design Across Eras!Built-in air compressor! This plasma cutter can cut without an air compressor! All you need is a plasma cutter, no need to carry a heavy air compressor while you work, making your job super easy!
- 【CUTTING THICKNESS】 Plasma Cutter 15-50A DC Output:63/64” Maximum Cutting Thickness under 220V
- 【LOW FREQUENCY START】The arc starting of the low-frequency plasma cutting machine is easier, which greatly reduces the electromagnetic interference generated by the high-frequency and high-voltage discharge, and improves the reliability. It is widely used in automatic CNC cutting and places with strict requirements on electromagnetic interference.
- 【FULL PACKAGE KIT】 Low Frequency Start Plasma Cutter*1,PT-31 6M Torch *1,Gas pipe 3M*1,Hose Hoop*2,Electrode*10,Tip*10,Nozzle Shield*10,Shunt*10,Hose Barb *2,Oil-water Separator*1,Pneumatic Joint*2.
- 【SAFETY】CE certification, Efficient customer service team, if you encounter problems when receiving the goods, you can contact us for free guidance. We will provide returns and exchanges within 30 days after receiving the goods, and provide a two-year warranty and free replacement parts.
8. Hobart – 500575 AirForce 27i Plasma Cutter
- Dual-voltage capability with MVP (multi-voltage plug)- allows you to connect to common 120 or 240 V power receptacles without the use of any tools – simply choose the plug that fits the receptacle.
- XT30R torch- Designed for increased comfort with an ergonomic trigger safety, more efficient cooling and economical replacement cutting tips
- Fan-on-demand- cooling system operates only when needed reducing power consumption and contaminants drawn into the machine.
- Power factor correction (PFC) circuitry – Draws up to 30% less amperage for the same cutting range as compared to the competition. PFC expands operators work area via extension cord, while minimizing nuisance circuit breaker trips caused by voltage drops.
- Postflow cooling circuit – Extends life of consumables and torch by cooling them with postflow air after trigger is released.
Additional Info :
9. AIRCAT 6275-A 1.0 HP 4-Inch Extended Inside Cut-Off Tool with Spindle Lock 14,000 RPM
- Pneumatic Power Tool: 1.0 HP motor prevents stall and increases reliability; 14,000 RPM
- Superior Steel Grade: Compact tapered gear housing with close-coupled grinding wheel
- Spindle Lock: Easy wheel change with 11-position rotational guard
- Cut-Off Tool: With ergonomic handle for the user’s ultimate comfort
- AIRCAT Line: The most significant advances in the performance of pneumatic power tools
Additional Info :
10. Amico APC-70HF, 70 Amp Non-touch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter, 90~300V Wide Voltage Cutting Machine, 1.2 inch Clean Cut, 80% Duty Cycle.
- APC-70HF incorporates the most advanced IGBT inverter technology and non-touch pilot arc cutting processes, resulting in excellent arc stability. The cutting effect is very ideal and can finish the work effortlessly and quickly, regardless if the material is very rough, rusty, greasy, dirty, spray painted, etc. The lightweight model design makes the machine very convenient to carry anywhere.
- APC-70HF can achieve perfect cutting, and the strength of its components makes it a reliable work tool for professionals or individuals. Can cut up to 1.2 in. stainless steel, alloy steel, low-carbon steel, copper, iron, pig iron, cast iron, aluminum alloy, aluminum and other conductive metals, resulting in straight cuts, angles, holes, curves, notches, slots, circles, v-grooves, and many others in minutes.
- APC-70HF is an intelligent power supply system. The automatic selection function can automatically detect the input voltage, so that you can easily use it in of 90V to 300V, and the machine will automatically adjust it. It is designed for demanding industrial work and construction and simple tasks around houses. With less work, you can achieve better results overall with sharper cuts.
- 80% duty cycle can ensure long-term and efficient cutting. NPT 1/4 inch industrial D-type coupler can easily and quickly connect to the air compressor. Extending the power cord by 700 feet can also resist power fluctuations and cable attenuation; the machine can still work normally. It is fully suitable for difficult operations in construction sites, ship docks, agricultural sites, and relatively remote areas.
- APC-70HF is designed with multiple safety and protection functions, such as automatic compensation for voltage fluctuations, over-heating protection, over-current protection, over-loading protection, plasma torch gun safety protection, etc. The fan with automatic temperature control allows the machine to run very quietly.
Additional Info :
What to Look for When Buying air cutter
Some of the most important elements to consider before purchasing for air cutter are listed below. These are important considerations because the cutters you’re considering purchasing can either make or break your experiences.
Check to see if the air cutter you’re about to buy is adaptable and can be used for more than just cutting things. Some cutters have a serrated jaw that can be used to carefully remove thing insulation. Others can be utilized for certain purposes.
Managing and finding a balance between the many types of cutters you’ll receive is critical to getting the most out of your air cutter.
Always keep in mind that a good cutter is both safe and secure to use. I propose that you stick with some of the well-known and respected brands, as the things they produce are of high quality and well-received.
For example, if you’re an electrician, you might want to invest in an air cutter so you can confidently strip things and make clean cuts on cables without worry of being electrocuted.
Furthermore, check to see if the air cutter you’re considering purchasing has any kind of safety features, such as locks, latches, or straps, so that you can securely protect not just yourself but also your instruments and the whole working environment.
It is also critical to consider the material utilized in the cutter’s construction. Keep in mind that premium fence cutters, steel cutters, and other huge cutters are constructed from some of the most refined metal alloys that are durable enough for rough use.
Carbon steel, vanadium, and chromium are examples of special alloys. Furthermore, some manufacturers fortify these already robust metals by treating them with extra compounds that can make the products resistant to rusting and corrosion.
This is the final critical item to consider before ahead with your purchase. As a starting point, I’ve created a self-questionnaire that you can use before purchasing a air cutter:
- Is the air cutter the same size as my hand?
- Do you like the way it feels when you hold it?
- Can I handle the air cutter weight?
- Does it have a luxury feel?
- Is it constructed of high-quality gripping handle materials?
Comfort is paramount for air cutter. You don’t want to have hand cramps while using thing shears on the job because it will hinder your performance.
If you want to acquire a cutter that will last for a long time, you should make an informed decision. Many cutters are incapable of severing large cables. As a result, you may discover the need to purchase a new cutter in the future.
It is pointless to force and push a cutter beyond its capabilities because it will eventually wear it down. Choose a cutter that can do a variety of cuts.
Another significant factor to consider is the material used to make the air cutter. Regardless of things thickness, the cutter should be strong enough to support the cuts.
5 Tips to Keep Hands Safe
Why Focus on Hands?
Because hands are on the front lines of physical labor, they are frequently in danger. Coating professionals, on the other hand, cannot execute their tasks without healthy hands. Having two palms and ten digits is essential for a productive, efficient labor. Hand safety should be a key priority.
Consider that restoring and healing a hand can soon become a complex and time-consuming task. Hands, fingers, and wrists entail a complicated interplay of numerous microscopic moving parts that are extremely difficult to repair if they are interrupted. Because hands are engaged in fine motor movements, regaining complete capability may take days, weeks, or months of dedicated physical therapy.
Hand injuries can result in discomfort, inability or limited ability to work, surgery and rehab, mental and emotional strain from being wounded, and daily hassles outside of work for the worker. A hand injury may result in hospitalization and ongoing physical therapy costs, workers’ compensation, increased insurance rates, disrupted workflow, training and hiring a temporary or permanent replacement worker, decreased worker morale, and a higher Total Recordable Incident Rate for the employer.
Hand injuries have serious and often long-term repercussions. The advantages of prevention, on the other hand, are enormous. Let’s start creating a zero-hand-injury workplace right away with these five simple measures to prevent hand injuries.
1. Put on PPE
When it comes to hand protection, wearing gloves is a must. Most hand injuries are avoidable with the proper gloves. Some gloves protect against impact injuries, others from laceration and still others from chemical burns. Understand your gloves and the level of protection they provide. Provide your employees with the appropriate gloves.
Gloves must fit properly. Gloves are uncomfortable and impede dexterity, according to many workers. Ill-fitting gloves can pose more dangers than they protect. Check that the gloves fit properly and do not restrict mobility. And, like with other equipment, gloves must constantly be in good operating order.
In addition, establish a zero-tolerance policy for not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This is a simple precaution to take, and there are no valid reasons to disregard it.
2. Make use of safe, well-maintained tools and equipment.
Providing your staff with the safest equipment and ensuring that it is constantly in good working order will greatly reduce the chance of accident. Never allow workers to utilize tools that have been tampered with or modified. Any equipment that isn’t working properly must be taken out of service until it is repaired. Workers must also employ safety guards whenever possible.
Create a schedule for equipment and tool maintenance. Also, check on a regular basis to determine if there are safer alternatives to the tools and equipment your personnel are now utilizing. For example, do your employees have the best safety knives available? Keep up with a design and material advances to ensure that your employees have access to the safest products on the market.
3. Go Ergo, Stretch, and Strengthen
Many workers are required to perform repetitive motions, and overuse-strain injuries are widespread in the workplace. To avoid these injuries, employees must avoid overworking their hands, wrists, and forearms on a daily basis. Stretching hands, fingers, and wrists before and after work, as well as once or twice an hour, will assist employees.
Make sure your employees perform actions that are diametrically opposed to those required by the repetitive task they are performing. Encourage staff to do hand strengthening exercises two or three times per week to keep their hands healthy and capable of enduring long periods of labor without becoming fatigued.
Make sure your tools and equipment are well-designed. Ergonomic items allow for natural, comfortable movements; they are created to feel like an extension of the body. This significantly reduces tiredness and muscle strain.
4. Be Alert
In general, awareness is a critical component of occupational safety. Workers must be aware of both actual and prospective hazards around them. This includes no screen time, headphones, or phone calls while working.
Furthermore, workers must always be mindful of what they are touching and where their hands are going. They should never place their hands in places where they cannot be observed.
Watch for trip-and-fall hazards: When people fall, the first thing they normally do to protect themselves is reached out their hands to catch themselves. Being mindful of your surroundings and the surfaces you come into contact with will help keep your hands safe.
5. Be Patient and Prepared
Before beginning any task, your staff must ensure that the space is safe and uncluttered and that all safeguards and standards are followed. They should pause and take a breather. Examine the environment for any clutter that could be a distraction or get in the way. Are the gloves on, and do they fit properly? Is all of the equipment in good condition? Is there anyone in the way?
Taking a moment or two to double-check that your crew is adhering to all safety protocols — not cutting corners or taking anything for granted — is an excellent approach to refocus attention on remaining safe. Consider it a variation on the carpenter’s rule: “Measure twice, cut once.”
Small Efforts Reap Big Benefits
It is simple to keep your hands healthy and injury-free. It takes continuous adherence to protocols, but consider the huge payoff: your employees keep healthy hands and avoid unpleasant, frustrating injuries. The corporation saves money and has a happier, more productive workforce.
You may establish a workplace with no hand injuries. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to help employees thrive!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of a blade cutter?
Fast cuts are made with a rotary blade cutter, details are made with a tangential knife, and fold lines are formed with a creasing tool. The blades can be automatically changed. Working with corrugated cardboard, composites, rubber, cork, and filter materials requires the usage of cutting systems.
What does cutter mean in slang?
A person who cuts himself in an attempt to relieve despair or other psychological problems. I had no idea she was a cutter. She is unable to cope with the world around her, thus she became a cutter.
How do you cut paper perfectly?
Press the ruler firmly onto the work area, or use adhesive tack to keep it in place. Place the blade of the knife precisely alongside the ruler and cut downward, carefully moving the knife toward you. Repeat several times to ensure that the paper is thoroughly cut through. When cutting, don’t use too much pressure with the knife.
How many types of cutters are there?
There are many different types to choose from. They are available in a variety of sizes and with various pincers and joints, with the three fundamental varieties being locking, adjustable, and non-adjustable. These instruments are often composed of steel.
What do you call cutting tools?
Fabric shears, culinary shears, spring-loaded shears, pruning shears, paper trimmers, craft knives, thread clippers, rotary cutters, and more tools are available.
Leave a Reply