When you start brushing your baby’s teeth, it can be hard to know which toothpastes are really good. As a parent, you want the best for your baby, and you want them to have healthy teeth. Some parents might trust their friends to recommend which toothpaste works better.
You have to make sure that you brush their teeth correctly and that the toothpaste is safe to use on babies. This article will help you choose the best baby toothpaste and make the whole brushing experience enjoyable.
With so many choices on the market today, choosing toothpaste may be tricky. I’ve researched for you to help you pick the best one for your baby.
Top Picks: 5 Best Baby Toothpaste
Top 6 Best Baby Toothpaste Reviews- 2022
1. Jack N’ Jill Natural Kids Toothpaste
- MAKING TOOTHBRUSHING FUN FOR KIDS – Our Jack N’ Jill Toothpaste in Blueberry and Strawberry flavors come in only natural, organic flavoring. Young children have a tendency to swallow instead of spitting out, but you can rest assured as this toothpaste is safe if swallowed
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR YOUNG TEETH – Natural ingredients, such as Xylitol and Calendula, help to prevent cavities, soothe gums, and fight tooth decay all while keeping the toothpaste super delicious for your little one. Our toothpaste is Certified Cruelty-free, Vegan, Gluten-free, Fluoride Free, and SLS Free
- WE HAVE OUR OWN KIDS TOO! – We know how hard it is to get young ones to brush – or allow parents to brush – which is why we want it to be a yummy and fun experience for them, as well as safe. Good toothpaste is hard to make, so we set out to make toothpaste without noxious chemicals
- ALL NATURAL & SAFE – At Jack N’ Jill, we believe that businesses have an obligation to the environment. That’s why we have formulated all natural, hypoallergenic products with organic ingredients, and where possible, designed our packaging to be minimal, recyclable, and BPA Free
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of the date of purchase through your Amazon order and we will assist you with your issue
Jack N’ Jill Toothpaste is non-toxic, safe, and effective in helping your child maintain healthy teeth and gums. Our toothpaste comes in only natural and organic flavoring, with no artificial sweeteners or coloring. Our ingredients are all-natural, paraben-free, fluoride-free, and vegan friendly to help you keep your children in good health while maintaining their oral hygiene goals.
100% Safe Toothpaste:
Jack N’ Jill Toothpaste is 100% safe for young children – especially because they tend to swallow it rather than spit it out! Our toothpaste is absolutely free of anything GMO and free of Palm Oil derivatives.
We Didn’t Forget About You, Parents:
All Jack N’ Jill branding is designed to be appealing to children and is cute enough that parents won’t mind it sitting on their bathroom vanity.
Because We Care:
At Jack N’ Jill, we believe that businesses have an obligation to the environment; that’s why we have formulated an all-natural, hypoallergenic toothpaste with organic ingredients and designed our packaging to be minimal recyclable and BPA Free.
2. Hello Natural Apple Flavor Kids Toothpaste
- Contains four 1.5 ounce tubes of hello kids fluoride free natural apple flavor training toothpaste
- Thoughtfully formulated with high quality ingredients like aloe vera and sweeteners made from plants, like xylitol and erythritol. We’re serious about being friendly, and about what goes into little mouths
- Say hello to naturally friendly natural apple flavored toddler training toothpaste. This clear gel gently cleans your little one’s teeth and delicate gums. And don’t worry, our toddler paste is safe if accidentally swallowed by babies and toddlers
- Fluoride free, Dye Free, SLS Free, Gluten Free, No artificial sweeteners and flavors, No triclosan, No brainer
- Choose friendly. hello is vegan, never tested on animals (Leaping Bunny Certified) and made in the USA. Brush and greet freely
This toothpaste is specially formulated for children. It’s 100% natural, with a fresh, sweet apple flavor kids love. The clear gel gently cleans and helps promote healthy teeth and gums. Using it with a soft-bristle toothbrush helps to protect your little one’s growing teeth from damage.
Nature is one smart mother.
Hello, kids toothpaste feature flavors found in nature like natural wild strawberry, delicious watermelon, juicy grape, and natural apple. Finally, kids toothpaste with ingredients parents wants in flavors kids will love.
Kick cavities to the curb
Hello, kids fluoride toothpaste are clinically proven to prevent cavities and strengthen enamel. These tubes of sunshine polish and brighten, taking smiles to next-level friendly.
A big idea for little mouths
Hello is thoughtfully formulated with high quality ingredients like aloe vera and sweeteners made from plants, like xylitol and erythritol. we’re serious about being friendly and about what goes into little mouths.
Choose friendly, brush happy
Our soft bpa-free toothbrush is designed with a wide and comfy handle for little hands. Choose friendly and start good habits early.
Rush to brush
Our kids’ pasts are formulated to make brushing fun and friendly, all without artificial sweeteners/flavors, sugar, dyes, microbeads, parabens, SLS/sulfates, dairy, and gluten.
3. Colgate Zero Baby and Toddler Training Toothpaste
- 0% artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and colors for a natural baby toothpaste flavor
- SLS free and fluoride free toothpaste, safe if swallowed
- Training toothpaste for ages 3-24 months
- Gently cleans teeth and gums of tiny mouths making this an ideal baby and toddler toothpaste
- Baby-friendly, natural fruit flavor
A gentle and mild toothpaste for your baby’s developing teeth, Colgate Zero is formulated with the same fluoride that helps prevent cavities in adults. Packaged in a handy tube for easy application to tiny mouths, this toothpaste cleans teeth and gums without leaving a messy residue.
Build great brushing habits together
Your baby will be sure to love this tasty-mild fruit natural flavor.
Thoughtfully developed formula
This formula is free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), gluten, and sugar. It is also vegan.
Should my child use fluoride toothpaste?
Once your child demonstrates the ability to spit out toothpaste into the sink, Colgate recommends you switch to Colgate Zero for Kids Toothpaste (2-6 years) with fluoride to help strengthen and protect teeth from cavities.
4. Rain Natural Baby Kids Safe to Swallow Toothpaste Gel
- ☁️ Fluoride Free Toothpaste for Kids – Food grade ingredients won’t upset little tummies, our training toothpaste makes it easy for kids to learn to brush with confidence knowing that it’s safe to swallow.
- 🐥 Safe, Natural, SLS Free Children Toothpaste – Enriched with Vitamin C, Xylitol & Alpine Rose Leaf Extract our anti-plaque formula is free of Parabens, SLES, and Carrageenan so it’s safe for infant to baby 6 to 12 months and up.
- 💪 Protect Baby Teeth & Gums with 2X Size – Our natural kid toothpaste is twice the size of our competitors (2.82 oz vs 1.4 oz). It is a safe, effective way to help prevent buildup for cleaner teeth and fresher breath.
- 🍉 Smooth Watermelon Tooth Gel – Subtle hint of fruit without chalky texture makes our baby boy and girl toothpaste great for picky kids. Our customers agree that it gets their kids excited to brush their teeth!
- 🇺🇸 Made in USA – Our California-based brand has over 10 years of history selling in premium natural markets. We stand behind the quality of our products. Contact our customer support with any problems.
This natural toothpaste is specially formulated to be safe for children yet effective on the plaque. Our gel formula will leave your kids’ mouths clean and fresh with a refreshing mix of fruit flavors.
Vitamin C + Xylitol
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps manufacture collagen, a protein that forms the basis of the connective tissue in the gums. Together with Xylitol, they work to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Alpine Rose Leaf
Alpine Rose Leaf Extract is made from the purified extract of Alpine Rose leaves. It contains antioxidant properties that rejuvenate cells to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Fluoride-free & Safe to Swallow
Our super gentle formula is fluoride-free and safe if swallowed. Unlike adult toothpaste, it has a smooth, non chalky gel texture. Subtle watermelon flavor helps make it easy for babies and toddlers to develop good oral health habits.
5. Himalaya Botanique Kids Toothpaste
- UNIQUE, GENTLE PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS FOR KIDS: Carefully formulated with mild herbs and botanicals like Neem and Pomegranate, to gently remove plaque for cleaner teeth and healthy looking gums.
- COOL MINT FLAVOR YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE: Kid-friendly, not-too-strong cool mint flavor is just right for young brushers, leaving them with sparkling clean teeth and fresh breath. Try our Bubble Gum and Orange flavors for kids too.
- GENTLE ON TEETH WITH NO HARSH ABRASIVES: Finally, a clean toothpaste for kids with no unwanted extras, yet it still gives them all the foam and flavor that make brushing a pleasure instead of a chore.
- FREE FROM THE STUFF YOU DON’T WANT: Fluoride free, and made without made without sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), carrageenan, triclosan, parabens or artificial colors.
- CRUELTY FREE: We care about our furry friends. That’s why we never test our toothpaste on animals.
Himalaya Botanique Kids Toothpaste helps kids brush twice a day to keep their teeth healthy and strong. A cool mint flavor keeps kids brushing longer, and herbal extracts help fight plaque and bacteria that cause bad breath.
Bursting with Foam & Flavor
We’re committed to clean ingredients and still a great brushing experience full of foam and flavor!
Always free from fluoride, SLS, artificial colors and flavors, parabens, triclosan, and peroxide.
Vegan & Cruelty-Free
We care about our furry friends. Himalaya Botanique Toothpaste is vegan and has never tested on animals.
Allergen & Sensitivity Info
Himalaya Botanique Toothpaste is gluten free and contains no soy, dairy, or peanuts.
6. RADIUS USDA Organic Kids Toothpaste
- RADIUS TOOTHPASTE ORGANICALLY DESIGNED: Let your kids organic side roar with our USDA Organic Children’s Dragon Fruit Toothpaste. So good adults love it, too!
- ULTRA SAFE FOR LITTLE MOUTHS: You won’t see any trace & Radius Toothpaste is chemicals-free, GMOs-free, glutens-free, fluoride-free, saccharin-free, SLS-free, SLES-free, carrageenan-free, parabens-free or synthetics of any kind. Just clean natural ingredients.
- USDA ORGANIC: Perfecting our pioneering formula was a labor of love and we’re thrilled to be able to offer a one of a kind USDA Certified organic toothpaste. Cruelty free and Leaping Bunny Certified to leave your conscience as clean as your teeth.
- TASTY BUT EFFECTIVE FLAVORS: Our flavor combinations were chosen as much for their oral health benefits as for their mouth watering deliciousness. Dragon Fruit cleans polishes and prevents Gum issues without harsh chemicals.
- HERBAL SHOTGUN: Get that fresh sparkle with a unique blend of organic holy basil, neem and rosehip extracts.
This Organic Kids Toothpaste will help you to make the best decisions for your children’s oral care. This natural formula is made with Dragon Fruit, which helps to clean and polish teeth while also preventing Gum issues. A bonus: it has no harsh chemicals and smells amazing!
Only The Best Ingredients For Your Little One
This fluoride-free natural toothpaste contains ZERO chemicals, harmful additives, or unnecessary fillers to ensure your little one is getting the best squeaky clean from their toothpaste.
Great For The Whole Family – Wherever You Go!
Not only is our organic toothpaste for kids safe and effective for their everyday oral care, but it is also travel-sized and TSA compliant, so you can take the bright smiles with you wherever you go!
Women Owned & Made In The USA
We are proud to say that our kid’s toothpaste is made and manufactured right here in the USA, unlike many major oral care brands. Spreading smiles across America: that’s what RADIUS oral care is all about!
The ADA seal ensures that you’re choosing a toothpaste that has been authorized by one of the country’s leading dental organizations and is safe for your baby’s dental care.
Safe to swallow
As previously stated, babies have not yet learned how to spit on purpose. As a result, you’ll require toothpaste that is safe to ingest. This is a feature that is prioritized in most infant toothpaste.
When comparing baby toothpaste to adult toothpaste, you’ll notice that mint flavoring isn’t as popular. This is because babies prefer milder flavor profiles and may find stronger flavors such as mint too overwhelming. Baby toothpaste is usually flavored to taste like fruits.
Look for toothpaste made with natural ingredients if you wish to avoid harsh chemicals. FOR EXAMPLE, Jack N’ Jill Natural Toothpaste is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and SLS-free. Another thing to check for in toothpaste is whether it contains sugar, contributing to tooth decay.
How do I brush my baby’s teeth?
Placing your child on their back will make brushing their teeth easier. By laying your baby down and supporting their head, you can easily brush their teeth with one hand while the other is free to lift the lips and cheeks.
Is fluoride toothpaste safe for babies and toddlers?
No. Baby toothpaste with fluoride is unsafe. Baby cannot spit out toothpaste, at least not on purpose, and it is safe for teeth but not for ingestion. When enamel fluorosis is caused by too much fluoride, it produces white spots on permanent adult teeth when they erupt. You should also ensure that your child rinses well with water after spitting out excess toothpaste.
Does my baby really need toothpaste?
Definitely. Dental health is affected by infected teeth and gums, both of which can be cleaned by toothpaste. A baby’s gums, teeth, and tongue should be brushed at an early age in order to establish healthy habits. As your baby grows into a toddler with more and bigger teeth, the use of toothpaste becomes more important to reduce germs and polish the teeth.
After you figure out all the information available, the choice is up to you. You may choose to go with a specific brand you know and trust or try something new. Whatever option you choose, your child is going to benefit greatly. Keep in mind that their mouth will be protected until the adult teeth come in.
Your child deserves the best. They deserve to have a healthy, clean mouth, and hopefully, you’ll invest in the best baby toothpaste. This guide will help you find that toothpaste.
Leave a Reply