If you own a dog, you know the importance of providing healthy dog chews. There are hundreds of dog bones out there and many different brands. Also, many people think all dog bones are created equal – but this isn’t true. Just like people need to find an organic bone to help with their health in order to keep them more balanced, dogs need the same thing to keep their teeth, gums and fur healthy. Dog owners also need to be aware of how bad breath is caused as well as how that affects both the owner and their furry friend.
Best Dog Chews For Bad Breath Reviews
1. Minties VetIQ Dog Dental Bone Treats
- FRESHENS BREATH: Minties dental treats for dogs contains no wheat, corn, or soy. These dog breath treats contain five (5) breath fresheners alfalfa, parsley, fennel dill, and peppermint.
- VET RECOMMENDED: Minties dental dog bones provide vet recommended dental care in a daily dental chew dogs love.
- HELP CLEAN TEETH: Minties dog teeth cleaning treats feature a unique shape and texture that rubs teeth clean, while your dog chews.
- REMOVE PLAQUE AND TARTAR: Chewing Minties Dog Dental Treats help dogs chew away plaque build-up and control tartar. This helps keep your dog’s teeth healthy and clean.
- PROMOTE GOOD DOG ORAL HEALTH: Using Minties dog dental chews daily helps promote oral health and freshens your dog’s breath.
|Breed Recommendation||Medium Breeds|
Minties is the affordable dog dental chew made from ingredients your dog will love. Contains no wheat, soy, corn, artificial flavor, or animal by-products. The unique design encourages dogs to chew, helping to remove plaque, tartar, and bad breath at its source.
Minties unique shape and texture keep your dog’s teeth clean and healthy while reducing plaque and tartar.
Improves Bad Breath
Battling bad breath at its source, Minties removes odor-causing bacteria and enzymes in your dog’s mouth and stomach.
Easy to Digest
Making treat time easy on you and on their stomachs, Minties uses wholesome ingredients to create a healthier dog dental chew.
The guilt free dog dental treat that you can give your dog daily contains no corn or wheat products.
2. Pedigree Dentastix Fresh Treats for Large Dogs
- Contains one (1) 1.52 lb. 28-count pack of Pedigree dentastix Fresh Flavor Large Treats for Large Dogs
- PEDIGREE DENTASTIX: Triple Action acts as a dog breath freshener that works to clean teeth and freshen breath, and has a clinically proven texture that reduces plaque and tartar buildup
- Our dental treat sticks have a unique X-shape design and are specially designed dog treats for large breed dogs, weighing over 30 lbs.
- Feed one Pedigree Dentastix Oral Care Treat every day for maximum benefits
- Pedigree dentastix dental chews feature a fresh mint flavor that large breed dogs will love
|Breed Recommendation||Large Breeds|
DENTASTIX Fresh Treats for Dogs are the minty fresh treat that make snack time even better for you and your large dog. Their chewy texture and unique X-shape design is clinically proven to reduce plaque and tartar buildup, so treat time promotes canine oral health and oral hygiene and better dental care too.
DENTASTIX Treats are made with a unique X-shape to help scrape away plaque and clean teeth down to the gumline.
Reduce Tartar Buildup
The clinically proven texture helps reduce plaque and tartar when used as part of a daily treatment routine.
3. Arm & Hammer Fruit Twisters Dental Treats for Dogs
- removes plaque and tartar — twisters dog dental chews are tasty and effective in reducing tartar buildup, eliminating dog’s bad breath, and whitening and brightening your dog’s teeth
- made with natural ingredients — natural ingredients ensure optimal dental health for your dog with a minty flavor treat your doggie will love
- eliminates bad dog breath — eliminate bad dog breath with this peppermint-flavored twisted chew so you can enjoy your dog’s kisses without the stinky dog breath!
- dogs love the taste – even the most finicky dogs love the taste of arm & hammer twisters. guaranteed.
- great rawhide alternative – safer, healthier, tastier alternative to rawhide. great for aggressive chewers
|Brand||Arm & Hammer|
|Flavor||Twisters – Mint|
|Breed Recommendation||All Breed Sizes|
Make dental hygiene a fun part of your pet’s lifestyle by using Arm & Hammer for Pets Twister Dental Treats. Clean and deodorize with the power of baking soda. The Arm & Hammer name has been trusted for over 100 years for gentle yet effective cleaning. Arm & Hammer dental products for dogs safely clean and maintain healthy teeth!
Product Detail: Packing the power of baking soda in a fun shape, these chews clean and deodorize your dog’s mouth. All dogs have some degree of bad breath. Arm & Hammer for Pets Twisters dog dental chews help get rid of dog bad breath by removing plaque and tartar from your dog’s teeth and gums. These Arm & Hammer for Pets Twisters Dental Treats are an effective way to help protect against plaque and tartar buildup, eliminate bad dog breath, and whiten and brighten your pet’s teeth for a healthier smile.
They are made with natural ingredients to provide optimal dental health for your dog, so you can enjoy your pet without the bad breath. As your dog chews, the unique texture helps clean the gum line for complete dental hygiene. Directions: For best results, give one chew daily as a treat. As with any dog chew, monitor your dog to ensure the product is adequately chewed.
Not suitable for dogs less than 5 pounds or dogs less than 6 months of age. Fresh drinking water should always be available. INGREDIENTS: wheat flour, corn starch, xanthan gum, water, glycerin, food colorants, vitamins premix, green tea leaf extract, tetra potassium phosphate and baking soda WARNING: Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Store at room temperature. Not intended for human use.
Chews & Treats
Our baking soda infused chews and treats are made with ridges and grooves that clean up to the gum line to help fight tartar and plaque build up.
Bathe your dog with the name you trust. Arm & Hammer uses the power of baking soda to refresh a stinky coat and eliminate odor. The baking soda dissolves into fine particles, getting into hard to reach areas, resulting in a deeper clean.
A variety of easy, dental care designed to fight tartar build up and bad breath. Keep your dog’s dental hygiene healthy by keeping away particles that cause gum disease.
Our baking soda infused toys keep your dog busy for hours while promoting chewing and playing.
4. OraVet Dental Hygiene Chews for Small Dogs
- Help keep your dog’s teeth cleaner, reduce plaque and calculus, and fight bad breath with these veterinarian-recommended dental chews, the first and only dental hygiene product for dogs containing delmopinol
- Each chew uses your dog’s chewing action to loosen and dislodge plaque, helping it break away from teeth
- Delmopinol forms a barrier to help protect against the harmful bacteria that contribute to bad breath
- Give your pet 1 highly dissolvable and tasty chew daily for cleaner teeth and fresher breath
- OraVet is made for dogs six months of age or older
|Breed Recommendation||Small Breeds|
Favored by veterinarians for their own dogs, OraVet Dental Hygiene Chews provide the at-home dental care that your dog deserves. Help keep your dog’s teeth cleaner, reduce plaque and calculus, and fight bad breath with these veterinarian-recommended dental chews, the first and only dental hygiene product for dogs containing delmopinol.
Each chew uses your dog’s chewing action to loosen and dislodge plaque, helping it break away from teeth. Delmopinol forms a barrier to help protect against the harmful bacteria that contribute to bad breath. Give your pet one highly dissolvable and tasty chew daily for cleaner teeth and fresher breath. OraVet is made for dogs six months of age or older.
5. Milk-Bone Fresh Breath Brushing Chews Daily Dental Dog Treats
- Contains (1) 29.9 ounce bag with 38 small/medium daily dental dog treats
- Dog chews combine irresistible taste with patented design to help support strong teeth
- Patented design helps reduce tartar buildup, maintain healthy gums, and freshen breath through scrubbing action
- Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) accepted seal
- Fortified with calcium; No artificial flavors; Sealed for freshness
|Breed Recommendation||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds|
Bad breath can keep you and your dog from the closeness you’ve always enjoyed. Now you can help keep your canine friend’s breath fresh with Milk-Bone Brushing Chews Daily Dental Treats. These chews feature unique nubs and ridges that are designed to clean like bristles on a toothbrush, helping control tartar and plaque buildup through scrubbing action.
Made with no artificial flavors and sealed for freshness, these chews have an irresistible minty taste your dog will love. They are fortified with calcium to help support strong bones and teeth–and have no artificial flavors. When fed daily Milk-Bone Brushing Chews are as effective as brushing a dog’s teeth twice a week based on the reduction of tartar build-up. The Veterinary Oral Health Council recommends daily tooth brushing for optimal effectiveness.
Try More Fun & Functional Milk-Bone Dog Treats
These tasty treats come in a variety of fun shapes, sizes, and flavors to help make any moment special. From our classic, crunchy biscuits to tender chews, there’s something for every dog to enjoy!
Health And Wellness Treats
Whether they’re helping the medicine go down or providing some extra nutrients, health and wellness treats are wholesome and enjoyable! Find everything from dental treats to pill pouches.
Treats Entertain And Engage
The unique shapes and delicious tastes of these rewarding treats are sure to get your dog’s tail wagging! Check out our 100% rawhide-free, long-lasting chews that are easy on the digestive system.
Dog Chews For Bad Breath: What to Look for
Dental Health Advantages
According to Livermore, more than 80% of dogs have periodontal disease by the time they reach the age of three. To put it another way, your favorite canine’s foul breath is not to be taken lightly. Don’t put off treating small dental problems in your dog because they might turn into something much more serious and painful as he gets older. When choosing a breath-freshening solution, make sure to seek for one that targets plaque, tartar, and other harmful germs in your dog’s mouth. It’s not about finding quick fixes when it comes to treating bad breath in dogs; it’s about maintaining continuous oral hygiene.
As with anything that comes into touch with your dog’s mouth, make sure the treat or product you’re using is appropriate for your dog’s size and breed. Check the product’s intended weight range before purchasing. Avoid any food that has a similar taste or harshness if your dog has battled with or been put off by specific threats or additives in the past, whether due to texture, hardness, flavor, or another cause.
The majority of the breath freshener alternatives we’ve featured here are made with natural components, and their VOHC ratings show that there aren’t many risks associated with them. However, double-check the ingredient list to make sure there’s nothing in there that you know your dog won’t like.
As you can see, there is a variety of dog chews on the market, each specializing in a specific need. Though this may seem overwhelming, it will help you narrow down your search and find a chew that meets your dog’s needs. Remember, your pet’s health and happiness are what matters most, which is why keeping them away from bad breath is so important. Ensuring that they have a healthy mouth will not only eliminate bad breath but will also keep them healthy and safe throughout their lives.
Leave a Reply