One of the most important things to keep in mind when it comes to oral care is that what you put in your mouth affects your whole body. In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to use the right kind of toothpaste.
We want to make sure that what we’re putting into our mouths is good for us. Here’s some information on the best organic toothpaste. There are various options available, to it being a better for you choice, there’s plenty of reasons to choose it over regular toothpaste. In fact, you’ll likely feel more comfortable with your choice after reading this article.
Top Picks: 5 Best Organic Toothpaste
Top 7 Best Organic Toothpaste Reviews- 2022
1. Dr. Sheffield’s Certified Natural Toothpaste
- THE ORIGINAL TOOTHPASTE: In 1850, Dr. Sheffield created a new tooth cleaning product called toothpaste, replacing the common tooth powders. Today, we continue his legacy by providing you a certified natural, great tasting toothpaste you can enjoy!
- KNOWN FOR GREAT TASTE: We ensure our toothpaste leaves a great taste while avoiding any harmful substances or preservatives. Time tested recipes with REAL flavor!
- EXTRA-WHITENING: Our Extra-Whitening toothpaste helps to remove stains for a whiter, brighter smile. Feel fresh for hours after using it.
- NEW ALUMINUM TUBE: Made from the most recycled material on the planet. Sealed for freshness. Use cap to break deal.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL TOOTHPASTE: No fluoride, no synthetic foaming agents, no synthetic detergents, no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors & sweeteners, no GMO’s.
Dr. Sheffield’s Certified Natural Toothpaste is the modern formula for tooth cleaning. It’s concentrated, so you use less per brush. It’s fluoride-free and contains no animal ingredients it’s just good ingredients from nature.
CERTIFIED NATURAL TOOTHPASTE
Dr. Sheffield Toothpaste is certified by the natural products association and, as such, must follow strict guidelines set by the NPA to merit the seal. The NPA natural standard is based on natural ingredients, safety, responsibility, and sustainability.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR TOXINS
In today’s world, there’s constant exposure to unwanted chemicals. Dr. Sheffield’s Certified Natural Toothpaste offers toxin-free daily brushing – no fluoride, no synthetics, no GMOs or artificial flavors, colors, no sweeteners or preservatives. Even without all these additives, it truly cleans, freshens, and soothes the mouth just like it did over 160 years ago.
2. Himalaya Botanique Complete Care Whitening Toothpaste
- UNIQUE CLEANING & PLAQUE FIGHTING INGREDIENTS: Plant-based enzymes from Papaya and Pineapple work hard to remove surface stains to give you whiter teeth, while Neem keeps your whole mouth clean, and Pomegranate helps you reduce plaque for a winning smile.
- SOOTHING COOLING MINT-FRESH FLAVOR: Mint essential oil makes your whole mouth feel cool, clean and alive again, while gentle ingredients help whiten teeth and support healthy-looking gums.
- CLEAN AND BLEACH FREE WITH NO COMPROMISE ON FOAM & FLAVOR: Finally, a whitening toothpaste with no bleach, no harsh abrasives or harsh foaming agents, yet it still tastes and foams wonderfully!
- FREE FROM THE STUFF YOU DON’T WANT: Fluoride free, triclosan free, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) free, carrageenan free and gluten free too.
- CRUELTY FREE: We care about our furry friends. That’s why we never test our toothpaste on animals.
Himalaya Botanique Complete Care Whitening Toothpaste is the perfect choice for you. The unique formulation of this toothpaste is enriched with a blend of mint oil and other natural ingredients that penetrate deep between teeth, freshening your breath, cooling your gums, and protecting your teeth and gums from decay.
No harm to the little guys
We care about our furry friends. We never test our toothpaste on animals. Their smiles are just fine without us!
No unwanted extras
We care about what goes into our toothpaste. That’s why we say no to parabens, SLS, phthalates, petroleum, silicones, artificial fragrances, and colors.
- It Helps fight plaque, whitens your teeth, and fills your mouth with irresistible fresh breath.
- The great natural flavor from Mint essential oil
- Natural foaming ingredients. No harsh abrasives
- No Fluoride, No Triclosan, No SLS, No Carrageenan, No Gluten
3. Himalaya Botanique Kids Toothpaste
- UNIQUE, GENTLE PLANT BASED INGREDIENTS FOR KIDS: Carefully formulated with mild herbs and botanicals like Neem and Pomegranate, to gently remove plaque for cleaner teeth and healthy looking gums.
- COOL MINT FLAVOR YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE: Kid-friendly, not-too-strong cool mint flavor is just right for young brushers, leaving them with sparkling clean teeth and fresh breath. Try our Bubble Gum and Orange flavors for kids too.
- GENTLE ON TEETH WITH NO HARSH ABRASIVES: Finally, a clean toothpaste for kids with no unwanted extras, yet it still gives them all the foam and flavor that make brushing a pleasure instead of a chore.
- FREE FROM THE STUFF YOU DON’T WANT: Fluoride free, and made without made without sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), carrageenan, triclosan, parabens or artificial colors.
- CRUELTY FREE: We care about our furry friends. That’s why we never test our toothpaste on animals.
Himalaya Botanique Kids toothpaste is formulated with mild herbs and botanicals to clean your child’s teeth while supporting oral health gently. Our natural formula is safe and effective for all ages, from toddlers to teens. And its lightly minty fresh taste helps kids look forward to brushing twice a day.
Bursting with Foam & Flavor
We’re committed to clean ingredients and still a great brushing experience full of foam and flavor!
Always free from fluoride, SLS, artificial colors and flavors, parabens, triclosan, and peroxide.
Vegan & Cruelty-Free
We care about our furry friends. Himalaya Botanique Toothpaste is vegan and has never tested on animals.
Allergen & Sensitivity Info
Himalaya Botanique Toothpaste is gluten free and contains no soy, dairy, or peanuts.
4. Hello Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride Free Toothpaste
- Contains four 4.7 ounce tubes of hello antiplaque and whitening fluoride free toothpaste
- Thoughtfully formulated with epically refreshing farm grown peppermint, tea tree oil to tame bad breath, and coconut oil to moisturize
- Our toothpaste helps brush away plaque, show tartar who’s boss, and naturally whiten with friendly minerals and without peroxide
- hello antiplaque and whitening toothpaste is free from dyes, SLS sulfates, parabens, microbeads, triclosan, and gluten. hello toothpastes also contain no artificial sweeteners and no artificial flavors. No brainer
- Choose friendly; hello is vegan, never tested on animals (Leaping Bunny Certified) and made in the USA; Brush and greet freely
Brushing your teeth is the foundation of good oral care, but you need more than just a toothbrush to keep your smile in great shape. This trusted brand of toothpaste helps fight plaque while it whitens and protects your teeth. The extra mild formula is safe for everyday use and has added fluoride to help prevent cavities.
Farm-to-tube minty goodness
the delicious mint found in our toothpaste is grown by fourth generation farmers (big shout-out to gabrielle and dina—you rock!) in the willamette valley of oregon for superior flavor and a heightened sensory experience. Better brushing that’s truly mint to be.
Fluoride free, judgemint free
here at hello, we believe in a brusher’s right to choose. That’s why we created some toothpaste with fluoride and others without fluoride. We’ve got you covered, whichever way you decide to go. Our pastes are as thoughtful and hard working as you are.
say hello to tubes that are beautiful, soft-to-touch, and crinkle-free. That’s not just all, hello, toothpaste boxes are made with recyclable paperboard and printed with soy inks. Finally, a toothpaste package is almost as good-looking as you.
5. Essential Oxygen BR Certified Organic Toothpaste
- Contains 2 – 4 ounce tubes of organic toothpaste
- It Works! Premier Oral Care for whitening, breath freshening, removing bad breath germs & tooth sensitivity with the power of hydrogen peroxide, aloe and organic essential oils. Learn more at YouTube: Essential Oxygen Brushing Rinse
- It’s Safe! Lowest RDA (abrasiveness) of any toothpaste to address tooth sensitivity and enamel erosion.
- It’s Clean! All natural, NON GMO and free of fluoride, glycerin, sugars or sodium lauryl sulfate or anything objectionable! It’s Planet Positive! Our oxygen-based formula makes grass greener and oceans cleaner.
- Woman owned, NON GMO, vegan, gluten-free, BPA-free packaging, no animal testing and community giving
Give your mouth a clean slate with Oxygen BR Certified Organic Toothpaste. This whitening toothpaste fights stains and bad breath germs, leaving your mouth feeling fresh and healthy for life.
It Works for
- whiter teeth
- fresher breath
- removing bad breath germs
It’s clean, free of
Essential Oxygen believes that the lowest RDA toothpaste is the enamel friendly choice for daily use, especially if you brush 2 to 3 times a day. To remove surface film, stains, and tartar without stressing your enamel, it’s important to customize your level of abrasion. If you have thin enamel or tooth sensitivity, sprinkling BR On-Demand Tooth Polish on your toothpaste 3 times a week might be just right for you. If you build tartar quickly or consume staining foods like wine, coffee, tea or even green smoothies, you might use BR On-Demand Tooth Polish 7 times a week.
Essential Oxygen is a women-owned, triple bottom-line company that sees this planet and its people beaming with optimal health and promotes this vision by creating truly effective and clean natural products.
6. RADIUS USDA Organic Toothpaste
- THOUGHTLFULLY CRAFTED: Spice up your morning & evening brushing routine with our delicious and and all natural toothpaste. Our Matcha Mint Toothpaste is a matcha made in heaven for fresh breath and clean teeth.
- NO NASTY INGREDIENTS: You won’t see any trace of chemicals or synthetics of any kind. Just clean natural ingredients.
- USDA ORGANIC: Perfecting our pioneering formula was a labor of love and we’re thrilled to be able to offer a one of a kind USDA Certified organic toothpaste. Cruelty free and Leaping Bunny Certified to leave your conscience as clean as your teeth.
- TASTY BUT EFFECTIVE FLAVORS: Our flavor combinations were chosen as much for their oral health benefits as for their mouth watering deliciousness. Matcha Mint cleans polishes and freshens breath without harsh chemicals.
- HERBAL SHOTGUN: Get that fresh sparkle with a unique blend of organic holy basil neem and rosehip extracts.
Radius Organic Matcha Mint Toothpaste is a matcha made in heaven for fresh breath and clean teeth! This toothpaste will leave you feeling satisfied with its delightful blend of organic matcha powder and natural mint flavor.
Only the best ingredients
With Organic Neem, Rosehip & Holy Basil Extracts, our Matcha Mint gel toothpaste can help freshen breath and gently polish those pearly whites.
No artificial ingredients
No artificial ingredients, no additives, colors, sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives. Free from GMOs, gluten, fluoride, saccharin, SLS, carrageenan, parabens, detergents, or synthetic foaming agents.
Do more with your two minutes!
The earthy matcha green tea and mint will freshen breath, while organic rice powder will gently polish teeth and help fight plaque with organic erythritol. Nutrient rich organic coconut water and calming chamomile flower add therapeutic properties to your brushing experience.
7. RADIUS USDA Kids Organic Toothpaste
- No synthetic foaming agents
- Chemical free
- Completely GMO free
Radius Kids USDA Organic Toothpaste is natural toothpaste that contains organic ingredients and no synthetic foaming agents. It has a mild mint taste, so it’s ideal for kids who are just getting used to using toothpaste. It cleans their teeth and will not cause any burning sensation in the mouth when swallowed.
Designed With Your Little One In Mind
Made with the best ingredients & safe to swallow, our organic kid’s toothpaste is perfect for both babies & kids: ages 6 months and up! Not only are RADIUS kids toothpaste fluoride-free, but they are also GMO-free, dye-free, BPA-free, chemical-free, and gluten-free.
Our Coconut Banana kids toothpaste is the first USDA-certified organic toothpaste for babies and kids on the market. RADIUS’ all-natural toothpaste for kids has only a natural foam and leaves their teeth with that squeaky clean feeling!
Made in the USA
We are proud to say that our kid’s toothpaste is made and manufactured right here in the USA, unlike many major oral care brands. Spreading smiles across America: that’s what RADIUS is all about.
Things to Consider When the Best Organic Toothpaste
By adjusting the mouth’s pH, this very porous substance effectively eliminates surface stains and helps prevent tooth decay.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which helps to kill bacteria in the mouth and prevent plaque accumulation. Lauric acid also aids in the prevention and treatment of gum irritation.
Xylitol is derived from xylose, a sugar found in birch bark. Because plaque bacteria cannot metabolize xylitol, studies have shown that it efficiently lowers plaque development.
Essential oils are commonly found in natural toothpaste because they provide antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and general cleansing effects. Tea tree, neem, chamomile, clove, peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus, myrrh, fennel, lemon, and cinnamon essential oils aid in refreshing breath, eliminate plaque and destroy bacteria in the mouth.
Organic Toothpaste ingredients to avoid
This is a challenging situation. According to popular belief, fluoride is essential for preventing cavities and tooth decay. However, scientists discovered that the protective coating fluoride creates on our teeth is far too thin to protect our enamel properly and that it is soon eroded by normal chewing.
Another issue is that ingesting fluoride might be dangerous. This is why fluoride-free toothpaste is common in children’s toothpaste. Fluoride poisoning is a condition in which fluoride accumulates in human tissues and causes symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, skin rashes, bone abnormalities, and problems with brain development in children.
This substance is responsible for the dazzling white color of conventional toothpaste.
On the other hand, titanium dioxide nanoparticles may be able to reach your bloodstream through your gums. According to a recent study, oral exposure to titanium dioxide promotes malignant growths in rats, though it is unclear whether this applies to humans.
Shampoo, hand soap, and body wash all include sulfates, which act as foaming agents. They don’t accomplish anything in toothpaste but make the suds we’ve come to associate with cleaning.
Sulfates can damage your body even if they come from natural sources such as palm kernel or coconut oils. They can irritate the soft tissue in your mouth and cause microscopic tears, which can turn into painful mouth ulcers. Manufacturing impurities such as carcinogenic 1,4-dioxane and ethylene oxide may be present in sulfates.
Is organic toothpaste good for you?
People who would like to minimize their exposure to chemicals will find organic toothpaste a wise and healthier choice. Potentially weakening your overall oral health and putting your general health at risk.
What is high fluoride toothpaste?
Any toothpaste that contains more than 1,500ppm of fluoride is considered high-fluoride toothpaste. The toothpaste you need for this type requires a prescription from your dentist. You need to have a dental evaluation before using toothpaste with high fluoride.
Should I switch to natural toothpaste?
Nature’s ingredients are used in organic toothpaste, which effectively cleans your teeth. Our natural toothpaste, for example, contains propolis, a resin-like material derived from honey bees. It is an ingredient in natural toothpaste to prevent cavities and fight gingivitis.
Do you actually need toothpaste?
There is no need to use toothpaste to brush your teeth, despite what toothpaste manufacturers claim. To have healthy and clean teeth, toothpaste isn’t required. Research has shown that brushing without toothpaste can remove plaque just as effectively and even more effectively in some cases.
What are the cons of fluoride?
There have been studies that suggest fluoride may deteriorate bones and possibly even joints’ connective tissues. Fluorosis is another condition caused by fluoride; it causes discoloration of the teeth.
The choice of toothpaste depends on how bad your current oral health is and where you can find the best organic toothpaste. Choose only the organic ones to keep your teeth safe for those who are more concerned with the ingredients and not the taste.
In the end, we believe that all of these toothpaste brands are high-quality products and that any one of them can be a suitable choice for most people; your own preferences will probably be the deciding factor in choosing one brand over another. In the end, you want to choose a toothpaste that fits best with your unique needs, whether it be whitening, cavity protection, tartar control, or some combination of these features.
Leave a Reply