Raising a child and keeping them healthy is one of the toughest things a parent has to do. When it comes to oral hygiene, kids have the same oral health needs as adults. To fight dental decay, you need toothpaste on hand. However, choosing which toothpaste will be most effective for your toddler can be tough.
Most brands recommend fluoride toothpaste for children, but you may be wondering if the benefits of fluoride actually outweigh the risk. Below is a list of the best toothpaste for 1 year old children’s teeth and gums. This list also includes recommendations on which toothpaste to avoid that have potential health risks when ingested.
Top Picks: 5 Best Toothpaste for 1 Year Old
Top 7 Best Toothpaste for 1 Year Old Reviews- 2022
1. Hello Natural Apple Flavor Kids Toothpaste
- Contains four 1.5 ounce tubes of hello kids fluoride free natural apple flavor training toothpaste
- Thoughtfully formulated with high quality ingredients like aloe vera and sweeteners made from plants, like xylitol and erythritol. We’re serious about being friendly, and about what goes into little mouths
- Say hello to naturally friendly natural apple flavored toddler training toothpaste. This clear gel gently cleans your little one’s teeth and delicate gums. And don’t worry, our toddler paste is safe if accidentally swallowed by babies and toddlers
- Fluoride free, Dye Free, SLS Free, Gluten Free, No artificial sweeteners and flavors, No triclosan, No brainer
- Choose friendly. hello is vegan, never tested on animals (Leaping Bunny Certified) and made in the USA. Brush and greet freely
Introducing the Natural Apple Flavor Training Toothpaste. First time parents, or those with little ones most at risk for decay but not yet ready for adult toothpaste, will love this fun kid’s toothpaste! The natural and safe ingredients in kids’ toothpaste ensure you can teach your child how to become a lifetime brusher with a clean, healthy mouth.
Nature is one smart mother
hello, kids toothpaste feature flavors found in nature like natural wild strawberry, delicious watermelon, juicy grape, and natural apple. Finally, kids toothpaste with ingredients parents wants in flavors kids will love.
Kick cavities to the curb
hello, kids fluoride toothpaste is clinically proven to prevent cavities and strengthen enamel. These tubes of sunshine polish and brighten, taking smiles to next-level friendly.
A big idea for little mouths
hello is thoughtfully formulated with high quality ingredients like aloe vera and sweeteners made from plants, like xylitol and erythritol. We’re serious about being friendly and about what goes into little mouths.
here at hello, we believe in a brusher’s right to choose. That’s why we created some toothpaste with fluoride and others without fluoride. Our pastes are as thoughtful and hard working as you are.
2. Wink Naturals Baby Toothpaste
- KEEP YOUR LITTLE ONE COMFY AND HAPPY: this all natural teething gel is fast relief for your little one’s swollen or painful gums (and for your sanity!) during teething
- DOCTOR DEVELOPED AND PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED BABY TEETHING GEL: rest assured that this baby teething medicine gel is 100% drug-free with no preservatives, unnecessary additives or any ingredient/chemical that could be potentially toxic to babies. Simple, safe, formula for babies.
- NATURAL AND CLINICALLY-PROVEN INGREDIENTS*: the infant teething gel calms and soothes tender gums* with some of the mildest ingredients from mother nature, such as aloe leaf juice, chamomilla flower extract, licorice root extract (all soothing agents), menthol and peppermint oil (for cooling effect)
- QUALITY MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: Wink Naturals teething baby gel is manufactured in an approved, GMP Certified manufacturing facility in the United States, meaning that whatever you buy from us will consistently be of high quality
- HOW TO USE: to use the baby teething gel, apply a pea-sized amount to the gums as needed for fast relief
Wink Naturals Baby Teething Gel is an all natural teething gel that may help ease painful gums during teething. This original formula was designed to relieve swollen or irritated gums quickly and is gentle enough for the baby to eat following use. Highly rated by moms and babies, it’s a tried-and-true natural remedy to help make teeth come in without much fuss.
Quality Manufactured In The USA
Wink Naturals teething baby gel is manufactured in an approved, GMP certified manufacturing facility in the United States. Whatever you buy from us will consistently be of high quality. Rest assured that our Cool Gums Teething Gel DOES NOT INCLUDE BENZOCAINE. It also doesn’t include belladonna, which is another terrible ingredient common in other numbing gels.
Doctor Developed And Pediatrician Recommended Baby Teething Gel:
Developed with and recommended by pediatricians. Designed to cool and soothe, not numb, and mask teething symptoms.
How To Use:
- Apply a pea-sized amount to the gums as needed and gently massage to provide fast relief.
- It can also be used as a training toothpaste! Consult your doctor for a worsening condition.
- Teething Gel can also be used for braces, mouth irritation, sensitive teeth, soothing for nursing moms, and toothpaste training.
- Store in the fridge for an enhanced cooling feeling.
- Apply to the pacifier, then put in the baby’s mouth.
- The menthol and peppermint included in Wink Cool Gums Teething Gel are properly diluted and 100% safe for oral consumption in babies, children, and adults.
3. ACT Kids Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste
- Contains one (1) 4.6-ounce tube of ACT Kids Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste Bubble Gum Blowout Flavor
- STRENGTHENS TEETH: ACT Kids Toothpaste helps protect and strengthen teeth
- HELPS PREVENT CAVITIES: This fluoride toothpaste for kids helps prevent cavities every time kids brush
- BUBBLE GUM FLAVOR: The bubble gum flavor motivates kids to brush
Act Kids Fluoride Toothpaste is a great way to help protect and strengthen your child’s teeth while getting them excited about brushing. This toothpaste contains fluoride, which helps prevent cavities. Active Kids Fluoride Toothpaste is the first fun taste for kids!
ACT Kids Mouthwash and Toothpaste are formulated to prevent tooth decay. In fact, these fluoride mouthwashes for kids help prevent up to 40% of future cavities.
ACT Toothpaste and Mouthwash for Kids protect and strengthen enamel for up to 4x stronger teeth. No wonder ACT is the #1 dentist and hygienist recommended kids rinse brand.
Not only do they taste great, but ACT fluoride mouth rinse and toothpaste for kids help freshen their breath every time they swish and brush.
Complete the Routine
Start building healthy habits today. ACT Kids Fluoride Toothpaste helps protect teeth by preventing cavities. Complete the routine by rinsing with ACT Mouthwash for Kids. It further strengthens teeth and helps swish away particles brushing might miss.
Exact Dosage Meter
Every bottle of ACT Kids Mouth Rinse comes with an easy-squeeze, kid-friendly cap that gives them the right dose every time.
4. Colgate Zero Baby and Toddler Toothpaste
- 0% artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and colors for a natural baby toothpaste flavor
- SLS free and fluoride free toothpaste, safe if swallowed
- Training toothpaste for ages 3-24 months
- Gently cleans teeth and gums of tiny mouths making this an ideal baby and toddler toothpaste
- Baby-friendly, natural fruit flavor
Colgate’s Zero toothpaste for your little one is free of SLS and fluoride, giving your baby a healthy start to the smile they’ll share with the world. This toothpaste gently cleanses and protects the baby’s developing teeth and gums.
Build great brushing habits together
Your baby will be sure to love this tasty-mild fruit natural flavor.
Thoughtfully developed formula
This formula is free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), gluten, and sugar. It is also vegan.
Should my child use fluoride toothpaste?
Once your child demonstrates the ability to spit out toothpaste into the sink, Colgate recommends you switch to Colgate Zero for Kids Toothpaste (2-6 years) with fluoride to help strengthen and protect teeth from cavities.
- Formulated with 0% artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, colors
- Gently cleans teeth and gums for babies 3-24 months
- Great tasting natural mild fruit flavor
- Clear gel
- Fluoride-free, sodium lauryl sulfate/SLS-free, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free
5. Rain Natural Baby Kids Toothpaste
- ☁️ Fluoride Free Toothpaste for Kids – Food grade ingredients won’t upset little tummies, our training toothpaste makes it easy for kids to learn to brush with confidence knowing that it’s safe to swallow.
- 🐥 Safe, Natural, SLS Free Children Toothpaste – Enriched with Vitamin C, Xylitol & Alpine Rose Leaf Extract our anti-plaque formula is free of Parabens, SLES, and Carrageenan so it’s safe for infant to baby 6 to 12 months and up.
- 💪 Protect Baby Teeth & Gums with 2X Size – Our natural kid toothpaste is twice the size of our competitors (2.82 oz vs 1.4 oz). It is a safe, effective way to help prevent buildup for cleaner teeth and fresher breath.
- 🍉 Smooth Watermelon Tooth Gel – Subtle hint of fruit without chalky texture makes our baby boy and girl toothpaste great for picky kids. Our customers agree that it gets their kids excited to brush their teeth!
- 🇺🇸 Made in USA – Our California-based brand has over 10 years of history selling in premium natural markets. We stand behind the quality of our products. Contact our customer support with any problems.
Protect your child’s teeth with fluoride-free toothpaste for kids. Our natural toothpaste for kids provides the same clean, healthy teeth as all powerful, dentist recommended toothpaste — without the unhealthy ingredients or chemical additives.
Vitamin C + Xylitol
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps manufacture collagen, a protein that forms the basis of the connective tissue in the gums. Together with Xylitol, they work to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Alpine Rose Leaf
Alpine Rose Leaf Extract is made from the purified extract of Alpine Rose leaves. It contains antioxidant properties that rejuvenate cells to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Fluoride-free & Safe to Swallow
Our super gentle formula is fluoride-free and safe if swallowed. Unlike adult toothpaste, it has a smooth, non chalky gel texture. Subtle watermelon flavor helps make it easy for babies and toddlers to develop good oral health habits.
Made in the USA
Rain natural toothpaste is proudly made in the USA without using Carrageenan, Triclosan, Parabens, or SLS/SLES, so it’s safe for your little ones.
6. Coral Kids Fluoride Free Toothpaste
- NO FLUORIDE, NO SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE which, means kids can accidentally swallow this toothpaste with NO HARMFUL effects. **Please note the date on our tubes is the manufactured-on date not the expiration date with a shelf life of 3 years. **
- Coral kids toothpaste is formulated with EcoSafeTM ionic coral minerals and effective toothpaste for cavity protection, whitening teeth, freshening breath and shifting the pH of the mouth.
- Another reason this product works so well is that of the unique whole food mineral complex from coral minerals along with xylitol.
- Coral Kids toothpaste contains Bio-Available Coral Calcium and more than 70 trace minerals.
- We know your kids will love the Berry Bubble Gum flavor!
Our Fluoride Free kids toothpaste helps to protect your child’s teeth and maintain healthy oral hygiene. This product does not contain fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate, or any other chemicals or additives that are harmful to children.
EcoSafe Above Sea Coral Calcium
Oceans and the environment are never harmed. Undersea coral is harvested by coral supplement suppliers and upsets the reef balance. To make Coral White, we use ancient coral beds that are above sea level. Sustainability and protecting coral reefs around the world are important to us. A non-profit and non-governmental organization with a mission to conserve marine habitats, Coral LLC is currently certified by Friend of the Sea. The non-profit Ocean Conservancy has worked to protect the earth’s oceans for over four decades.
Strengthen Your Teeth with 74 Natural Minerals
Coral White Toothpaste does more than promote an alkaline environment and has Herbal Extracts. This is a toothpaste that also strengthens and nourishes your teeth and body. Coral White Toothpaste combines 74 minerals naturally found in coral. Coral White Toothpaste is one of our most popular products because it couples these mineral benefits with alkaline properties, all without Fluoride and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
Coral White Means Fewer Cavities
Your mouth is an acid-rich environment and often produces cavities and leads to tooth and gum decay. Coral White Toothpaste effectively nullifies the acidic saliva in your mouth. With our Coral White Toothpaste, one can actually brush their teeth and then check their own saliva’s pH levels. You’ll find that Coral White Toothpaste balances and neutralizes your mouth’s acid levels, producing an alkaline environment.
7. Tom’s of Maine Kid’s Natural Flouride Toothpaste
- WHAT YOU’LL GET: Three 5.1-ounce tubes of Tom’s of Maine Children’s Natural Anticavity Toothpaste in Grape Flavor
- HELP SAVE THE ANIMALS: Each purchase helps support endangered animals through the World Wildlife Fund
- CAVITY PROTECTION: Children’s toothpaste with fluoride helps protect teeth from cavities
- TASTE THEY LOVE: Natural kids toothpaste in grape flavor encourages brushing habits
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF NATURALLY: Contains no artificial preservatives or flavors and is not tested on animals
With fluoride, children’s toothpaste helps protect teeth from cavities by promoting healthy enamel, reducing plaque and tartar buildup, and freshening breath. Gentle enough for everyday use, this fluoridated children’s toothpaste contains no artificial colors or flavors, is safe for children two years of age and older, and is made with natural ingredients.
Aid Endangered Animals
Introduce your young eco warrior to wildlife conservation and make brushing fun with Tom’s of Maine Children’s Natural Toothpaste.
This fluoride toothpaste comes with cavity protection, which strengthens your child’s enamel and helps prevent tooth decay.
Choose Natural Ingredients
Trust Tom’s of Maine to deliver a vegan toothpaste that’s dye-free with no artificial flavors or preservatives, and that’s never been tested on animals.
American Disabilities Act (ADA) seal
When looking for the best toothpaste, start with the highly recommended one by the American Dental Association. The ADA Council on Scientific Affairs’ stamp of approval can be found on the box and tube, indicating that the toothpaste has been scientifically examined for safety.
Avoid harsh abrasives
Many kinds of toothpaste, particularly those marketed as “whitening,” include abrasives that can harm the enamel of young teeth.
Do a fluoride test
Fluoride is a mineral that occurs naturally and has been demonstrated to prevent tooth decay significantly. However, make sure that your toddlers spit out their toothpaste rather than eating it. Fluorosis is a condition caused by too much fluoride in the body. If your child is too young to spit out toothpaste, consider using a fluoride-free toothpaste or a minimal amount (around a pea size).
Think about the flavor
While it is not a health concern, you should ensure that your child’s toothpaste does not have a terrible taste. Traditional flavors like mint are often perceived as “hot” by youngsters, who prefer today’s more kid-friendly choices.
Tips for Parents on Oral Health
1. Children just require a small amount of toothpaste.
You may be accustomed to squeezing out just enough toothpaste to cover the brush’s surface. On the other hand, children have few teeth and hence require only a small amount. Furthermore, a smaller quantity reduces fluoride intake. For youngsters under the age of two, spread the toothpaste or use a rice grain-sized amount. Brush the teeth of children aged 3-6 years old using a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
2. Oral Hygiene Starts Much Earlier Than You Think
Even if your kid doesn’t have any teeth, it’s crucial to clean their mouth. Baby teeth begin to emerge in the second trimester, so taking care of them as soon as possible is a sensible decision. Begin by wiping your gums with a clean, damp towel or gauze pad. This will clean your baby’s lips, but it will also help them become accustomed to brushing.
3. Don’t Forget to Get a Fun Toothbrush!
Making something mundane enjoyable is the best way to get them to do it. Brushing is something that most children dread, but if it becomes a part of their playtime routine, they will look forward to it. Getting character-based brushes to go along with a kid’s toothpaste is a terrific method to get kids to brush and keep their teeth clean. Keep the aforementioned in mind to guarantee that your little bundle of joy has a bright smile. In addition, ICPA’s dental care products, such as Kids Rabbit Gel and Kids Dyny Tooth Brush, are now available on Amazon. So shop for dental care products for you and your family to keep your smile healthy and attractive for a lifetime!
Do you brush 1 year old teeth with toothpaste?
When should parents start brushing their babies’ teeth? Many parents are unsure. The first tooth of a child usually appears around six months of age. Should parents brush their teeth with a toothbrush and toothpaste at that young age? Of course, they should.
Can 1 year old swallow toothpaste?
A tiny piece of toothpaste swallowed by your child is not a cause for concern. You can ease your child’s stomach ache by offering them yogurt or milk that contains calcium, as fluoride binds to calcium.
Do babies need special toothpaste?
When it comes to cleaning your baby’s mouth, you might wonder if you really need baby toothpaste or if your usual formula is just fine. To be on the safe side, you should use toothpaste that is specifically formulated for young children.
What happens if you don’t brush baby teeth?
According to Giuliano, bacteria can also grow in the body if brushes are not used properly. A condition that can cause inflammation within the mouth of the child’s mouth and throughout the rest of their body.
When it comes to babies’ first toothpaste, a child-friendly taste and mild action will help them get used to the idea of brushing their teeth and help keep enamel strong. Hello, Natural Apple Flavor Kids Toothpaste is gentle enough to use daily.
Thinking about using toothpaste for the first time might seem daunting, but when it comes down to it, finding the best toothpaste for your baby is not too different from choosing the best toothpaste for you. There are just a few things that you need to take into account before making your decision.
Leave a Reply