Everyone knows that purchasing a new boxcutter is one of the biggest decisions you’re ever going to make. That’s why it’s so important to do your research beforehand. Every boxcutter on the market has different features. Some features might appeal to you more than others, and you have to be sure that what you want isn’t too good to be true before purchasing anything. You should also think about safety while in the process of making your decision.
Best boxcutter : Top 10 Picks!
1. KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes with Blade Storage Design, Extra 10 Blades Included,Quick Change Blade
- 【ALUMINIUM ALLOY & TPR HANDLE】Ergonomical and rubbery handle allows for comfortable grip, great non-slip control and reducing hand fatigue all the time.Easy to carry as a pocket knife.
- 【2-PACK BOX CUTTERS DESIGN】Folding Fastback Flip Design and Utility Knife Retractable Design,meet almost all needs in Household or Working condition.Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather, PVC material and etc.
- 【BLADE STORAGE DESIGN】For easy and quick access. Extra 3 blades storage in the handle(Total of 16Pcs).Press the button on head and take down the old one, then open the plastic block on the back and take new one,quickly and easy.
- 【SAFE DESIGN】Both of them are box cutter utility knife.One blade folds in on itself and another is retractable,you can keep those around you safe.
- 【BONUS 10 BLADES】Total 10-piece Ultra Sharpness and Double Hardness Blade in storage, 3-piece for each for replacement.
Additional Info :
|Color||BLACK AND RED|
2. FantastiCAR Folding Utility Knife Gift Box Cutter Lightweight Plume Type Body with 5-Piece Extra Blades (Pink)
- [ Unique Design Cutter] Fancy Plume version of bright pink color for you with mavericks and strong characters. The entire body is made of aluminum and the surface is polished to ensure smoothness and friction to prevent hand slippage
- [ Quick Release ] Pull out the blade with the push of a button and easily replace the new sharp blade for various occasions such as outdoor, study, office and more
- [ Portable & Lightweight ] The folding size is only 4.1 inch and weighs only 4 oz. The rear buckle feature makes it easy to carry belts, pockets and kits
- [ High-Strength Razor Blades ] High-strength carbon steel SK5 blades keep sharp for a long time without bending. It can cut rope, fur, paper, plastic, water pipes, etc
- [ Pretty Gift Packaging ] We use multi-layer cardboard as the material for the outer packaging. The box is uniquely designed and sturdy and smooth, making it an ideal choice for holiday gifts
Additional Info :
3. Pacific Handy Cutter Inc. HC100 Handy Box Cutter, Tap Open/Tap Close, 12 per Box, Assorted(Packaging may vary)
- Powder coated finish
- Easy To Use
- Replacement Blades Available, RB-009, Search: Pacific Handy Standard Single-Edged Industrial Razor Blades, Box of 100
Additional Info :
4. Slice 10515 Mini Box Cutter, Ceramic Blade Locks Into Position, Right or Left Handed Mini Cutter, Keychain Box Opener, Magnetic, Finger Friendly and Safe Package Opener, Blade Stays In Position
- Mini Size = Fits in your Palm! Perfect cutter that sticks in your fridge, and cuts through all of your everyday packaging/slicing needs. Ideal for Unboxing. Cuts Right or Left Handed!
- New Manual Blade Stays in Place! For those looking for a blade that will stay in one position for repeated cuts, choose the manual version
- Includes one double-sided Slice ceramic blade – Stays sharp up to 11X longer than steel and never rusts
- Easy “no tool” blade change and convenient lanyard/key-ring hole fits to on keychain – Less blade means reduced injuries
- Ceramic Blade Protrudes 1/4″ – Designed primarily for cutting corrugated packaging, foam, vinyl, boxes, etc. To cut paper & thinner items: Use Pointed Blades 10408 or 00100 Safety Cutter
Additional Info :
|Color||Blade Locks in|
5. Internet’s Best Premium Utility Knife – Set of 2 – Retractable Razor Knife Set – Box Cutter
- Heavy Duty utility knife: Metal, durable design with rubber grip allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Includes 2 premium utility knives. Perfect box cutter knife
- Retractable & Adjustable Blade : Razor simply slides open for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Quick Release: When razor needs to be replaced, simply extend the razor blade all the way, press the red button and remove the razor blade. Insert the new razor while pressing down the red button until secure
- Replacement Blades: Includes refill pouch containing 5 extra utility knife blades
- Dimensions: 1.5” Width x 6” Length. Set of 2 Utility Knives.
Additional Info :
|Color||2 pack – Black|
6. REXBETI 4-Pack Utility Knife, SK5 Heavy Duty Aluminum Shell Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, Extra 5PCS Hook Blades and 10PCS Trapezoid Blades Included
- Ultra sharpness and double hardness blade, Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather, PVC material and etc
- Comes with 4-pack utility knife, retractable design. Ergonomical and long handle offers strong grip all the time
- Aluminum shell design, more durable and stronger than normal plastic cutters
- Extra 10-piece blades and 5-piece hook blades included. Made of SK5 material. Made of SK5 material. The hook blade can protect the surface under the object.
- 4 colors – Red/Black/Yellow/Blue
Additional Info :
7. COSCO 091524 Box Cutter Knife w/Shielded Blade, Black/Blue
- Easycut Self Retracting cutter
- Box cutter knife with shielded blade.
- Safety-tipped blade
- Blade storage compartment
- Retractable edge guides
Additional Info :
8. WORKPRO Premium Utility Knife, 1PC Retractable All Metal Heavy Duty Box Cutter, Quick Change Blade Razor Knife, with 10 Extra Blades, Red
- 【Heavy-Duty Utility Knife】: Aluminum alloy design with rust-free powder-coat makes the box cutter durable and lightweight (3.2 oz), passing the 1.5m drop test. SK5 razor blades through 1922 °F heat treatment are up to 64 HRC. For long-lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps.
- 【Retractable Blade & Easy Change】: 3 adjustable position razor simply slides open for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within the metal frame when finished using. Razor blade replacement is easy with the quick-release button. Includes 10 extra double-use blades.
- 【Great for General & Precision Cutting】: Slice through cardboard, carpet, drywall, rope, vinyl, leather, flooring. Use for box cutter tool and exact cuts for arts & crafts or hobby. Makes a Great Gift for the practical people on your list!
- 【Human & Environment Friendly 】: Hand-friendly matting body and ergonomic design upgrade your user experience. Materials comply with environmental protection, the total content of three o-phenols less than 1000 ppm. 6.3″ x 1.7″ x 0.9″ size fits safely in your back pocket!
- 【Great Support】: World 2nd hand tool business for quality security. No hassle 90-day money-back and lifetime support. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us. We will reply to you as soon as possible within 24 hours. Thank you for your support
Additional Info :
9. Internet’s Best Classic Utility Knife – Set of 2 – Retractable Razor Knife Set – Extra Blade Refills – Box Cutter Locking Razor Knife – Full Metal Body
- Heavy duty utility knife: Full metal, durable design allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Perfect box cutter utensil
- Retractable and adjustable blade: The razor simply slides open to 3 different blade lengths for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Set of 2: Includes 2 utility knives
- Replacement blades: Includes a refill pouch containing 5 extra blades
Additional Info :
|Color||2 pack – Silver|
10. FC Folding Pocket Utility Knife – Heavy Duty Box Cutter with Holster, Quick Change Blades, Lock-Back Design, and Lightweight Aluminum Body
- Sleek, lightweight anodized aluminum design with anti-slip grip. Handle doubles as pocket or money clip
- Heavy-duty carbon steel blades stay sharp longer. Convenient folding with the press of a button.
- Lock-back design safely locks the blade in place when in use
- Quick-change mechanism for easy blade removal | Accepts standard size utility blades.
- Includes a knife holster and 5 extra replacement blades
Additional Info :
|Color||Red, Black, Silver|
What to Look for When Buying boxcutter
Some of the most important elements to consider before purchasing for boxcutter are listed below. These are important considerations because the cutters you’re considering purchasing can either make or break your experiences.
Check to see if the boxcutter you’re about to buy is adaptable and can be used for more than just cutting things. Some cutters have a serrated jaw that can be used to carefully remove thing insulation. Others can be utilized for certain purposes.
Managing and finding a balance between the many types of cutters you’ll receive is critical to getting the most out of your boxcutter.
Always keep in mind that a good cutter is both safe and secure to use. I propose that you stick with some of the well-known and respected brands, as the things they produce are of high quality and well-received.
For example, if you’re an electrician, you might want to invest in an boxcutter so you can confidently strip things and make clean cuts on cables without worry of being electrocuted.
Furthermore, check to see if the boxcutter you’re considering purchasing has any kind of safety features, such as locks, latches, or straps, so that you can securely protect not just yourself but also your instruments and the whole working environment.
It is also critical to consider the material utilized in the cutter’s construction. Keep in mind that premium fence cutters, steel cutters, and other huge cutters are constructed from some of the most refined metal alloys that are durable enough for rough use.
Carbon steel, vanadium, and chromium are examples of special alloys. Furthermore, some manufacturers fortify these already robust metals by treating them with extra compounds that can make the products resistant to rusting and corrosion.
This is the final critical item to consider before ahead with your purchase. As a starting point, I’ve created a self-questionnaire that you can use before purchasing a boxcutter:
- Is the boxcutter the same size as my hand?
- Do you like the way it feels when you hold it?
- Can I handle the boxcutter weight?
- Does it have a luxury feel?
- Is it constructed of high-quality gripping handle materials?
Comfort is paramount for boxcutter. You don’t want to have hand cramps while using thing shears on the job because it will hinder your performance.
If you want to acquire a cutter that will last for a long time, you should make an informed decision. Many cutters are incapable of severing large cables. As a result, you may discover the need to purchase a new cutter in the future.
It is pointless to force and push a cutter beyond its capabilities because it will eventually wear it down. Choose a cutter that can do a variety of cuts.
Another significant factor to consider is the material used to make the boxcutter. Regardless of things thickness, the cutter should be strong enough to support the cuts.
5 Tips to Keep Hands Safe
Why Focus on Hands?
Because hands are on the front lines of physical labor, they are frequently in danger. Coating professionals, on the other hand, cannot execute their tasks without healthy hands. Having two palms and ten digits is essential for a productive, efficient labor. Hand safety should be a key priority.
Consider that restoring and healing a hand can soon become a complex and time-consuming task. Hands, fingers, and wrists entail a complicated interplay of numerous microscopic moving parts that are extremely difficult to repair if they are interrupted. Because hands are engaged in fine motor movements, regaining complete capability may take days, weeks, or months of dedicated physical therapy.
Hand injuries can result in discomfort, inability or limited ability to work, surgery and rehab, mental and emotional strain from being wounded, and daily hassles outside of work for the worker. A hand injury may result in hospitalization and ongoing physical therapy costs, workers’ compensation, increased insurance rates, disrupted workflow, training and hiring a temporary or permanent replacement worker, decreased worker morale, and a higher Total Recordable Incident Rate for the employer.
Hand injuries have serious and often long-term repercussions. The advantages of prevention, on the other hand, are enormous. Let’s start creating a zero-hand-injury workplace right away with these five simple measures to prevent hand injuries.
1. Put on PPE
When it comes to hand protection, wearing gloves is a must. Most hand injuries are avoidable with the proper gloves. Some gloves protect against impact injuries, others from laceration and still others from chemical burns. Understand your gloves and the level of protection they provide. Provide your employees with the appropriate gloves.
Gloves must fit properly. Gloves are uncomfortable and impede dexterity, according to many workers. Ill-fitting gloves can pose more dangers than they protect. Check that the gloves fit properly and do not restrict mobility. And, like with other equipment, gloves must constantly be in good operating order.
In addition, establish a zero-tolerance policy for not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This is a simple precaution to take, and there are no valid reasons to disregard it.
2. Make use of safe, well-maintained tools and equipment.
Providing your staff with the safest equipment and ensuring that it is constantly in good working order will greatly reduce the chance of accident. Never allow workers to utilize tools that have been tampered with or modified. Any equipment that isn’t working properly must be taken out of service until it is repaired. Workers must also employ safety guards whenever possible.
Create a schedule for equipment and tool maintenance. Also, check on a regular basis to determine if there are safer alternatives to the tools and equipment your personnel are now utilizing. For example, do your employees have the best safety knives available? Keep up with a design and material advances to ensure that your employees have access to the safest products on the market.
3. Go Ergo, Stretch, and Strengthen
Many workers are required to perform repetitive motions, and overuse-strain injuries are widespread in the workplace. To avoid these injuries, employees must avoid overworking their hands, wrists, and forearms on a daily basis. Stretching hands, fingers, and wrists before and after work, as well as once or twice an hour, will assist employees.
Make sure your employees perform actions that are diametrically opposed to those required by the repetitive task they are performing. Encourage staff to do hand strengthening exercises two or three times per week to keep their hands healthy and capable of enduring long periods of labor without becoming fatigued.
Make sure your tools and equipment are well-designed. Ergonomic items allow for natural, comfortable movements; they are created to feel like an extension of the body. This significantly reduces tiredness and muscle strain.
4. Be Alert
In general, awareness is a critical component of occupational safety. Workers must be aware of both actual and prospective hazards around them. This includes no screen time, headphones, or phone calls while working.
Furthermore, workers must always be mindful of what they are touching and where their hands are going. They should never place their hands in places where they cannot be observed.
Watch for trip-and-fall hazards: When people fall, the first thing they normally do to protect themselves is reached out their hands to catch themselves. Being mindful of your surroundings and the surfaces you come into contact with will help keep your hands safe.
5. Be Patient and Prepared
Before beginning any task, your staff must ensure that the space is safe and uncluttered and that all safeguards and standards are followed. They should pause and take a breather. Examine the environment for any clutter that could be a distraction or get in the way. Are the gloves on, and do they fit properly? Is all of the equipment in good condition? Is there anyone in the way?
Taking a moment or two to double-check that your crew is adhering to all safety protocols — not cutting corners or taking anything for granted — is an excellent approach to refocus attention on remaining safe. Consider it a variation on the carpenter’s rule: “Measure twice, cut once.”
Small Efforts Reap Big Benefits
It is simple to keep your hands healthy and injury-free. It takes continuous adherence to protocols, but consider the huge payoff: your employees keep healthy hands and avoid unpleasant, frustrating injuries. The corporation saves money and has a happier, more productive workforce.
You may establish a workplace with no hand injuries. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to help employees thrive!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of a blade cutter?
Fast cuts are made with a rotary blade cutter, details are made with a tangential knife, and fold lines are formed with a creasing tool. The blades can be automatically changed. Working with corrugated cardboard, composites, rubber, cork, and filter materials requires the usage of cutting systems.
What does cutter mean in slang?
A person who cuts himself in an attempt to relieve despair or other psychological problems. I had no idea she was a cutter. She is unable to cope with the world around her, thus she became a cutter.
How do you cut paper perfectly?
Press the ruler firmly onto the work area, or use adhesive tack to keep it in place. Place the blade of the knife precisely alongside the ruler and cut downward, carefully moving the knife toward you. Repeat several times to ensure that the paper is thoroughly cut through. When cutting, don’t use too much pressure with the knife.
How many types of cutters are there?
There are many different types to choose from. They are available in a variety of sizes and with various pincers and joints, with the three fundamental varieties being locking, adjustable, and non-adjustable. These instruments are often composed of steel.
What do you call cutting tools?
Fabric shears, culinary shears, spring-loaded shears, pruning shears, paper trimmers, craft knives, thread clippers, rotary cutters, and more tools are available.
Leave a Reply