What are braces?
Orthodontic braces, also sometimes called dental braces or metal braces, are the go-to device to treat cosmetic dental problems, such as gaps between teeth, misaligned teeth, or bite issues. They are made up of small metal brackets on each tooth, which are held together and manipulated using a metal wire. At Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics, we offer a range of dental services to improve the look of your smile, including braces, Invisalign®, and retainers. Depending on your specific concerns and needs, we can help you determine whether braces are the best solution for you.
Why are braces used?
Braces may be a good option for you if you suffer from one or more of the following cosmetic and structural dental issues:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
What does getting braces involve?
When you arrive for your complimentary braces consultation at Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics, you can expect the following steps for getting braces:
- During a complimentary evaluation, we’ll check the below to ensure you’re a good candidate for braces:
- The overall health of your teeth
- The extent of your cosmetic dental problem
- Your concerns and personal needs for treatment
- Next, we’ll go over the different choices for braces treatment and discuss your personal preferences.
- If we determine that braces are your best option, your orthodontist will fit your teeth for brackets and attach the metal wire through each bracket to guide your teeth into alignment.
- Throughout the course of your treatment, you will need to come back to our office periodically for braces adjustments and to check on your progress.
What are the benefits of getting braces?
The benefits of choosing Dr. Doug Crosby for your orthodontic braces treatment include the following:
- Improves the look of your smile
- Improves jaw and bite
- Helps improve your overall dental health
- Aligns crooked teeth
- Fills gaps between your teeth
- Prevents gum disease by straightening overcrowded teeth
- Helps improve self confidence
Leave a Reply