Everyone knows that purchasing a new cutter for plexiglass is one of the biggest decisions you’re ever going to make. That’s why it’s so important to do your research beforehand. Every cutter for plexiglass on the market has different features. Some features might appeal to you more than others, and you have to be sure that what you want isn’t too good to be true before purchasing anything. You should also think about safety while in the process of making your decision.
Best cutter for plexiglass : Top 10 Picks!
1. Red Devil 1170 PLEXIGLASS Scoring Tool, 1-Pack
- Fast and easy
- Super-sharp steel blade
- For Plexiglas, acrylic and plastic
- Use to scribe Plexiglas and then snap at the cut line
- Not for use with Lexan
Additional Info :
2. Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet Cutter Scoring Knife Tool,With a Curved Handle,It Is More Convenient To Use.One handle,13 blades.(Yellow)
- This acrylic hook knife tool is specially used to cut acrylic sheets or other plastic sheets.Acrylic sheets or other plastic sheets are hard and brittle, so it is difficult to divide. This hook knife can help you hook a thin groove on the acrylic sheet, and then you can break the acrylic sheet along the groove.
- 1.Please mark the board with a pen,then use a ruler to place it according to the mark.2.Use the hook knife to draw a groove on the acrylic plate along the ruler,and the ruler must be pressed with your left hand. Hold the hook knife with right hand and repeat the operation to make the groove deep enough.
- 1.There is a ridge-like protrusion on the back of the hook knife. Place the hook knife under the acrylic board, align the protrusion of the hook knife with the groove just hooked out,and press down on both sides of the groove with both hands,Let a small part of the acrylic board split along the groove.2.Completely break the acrylic board along the groove.
- When using the hook knife,pay attention to protect the tip of the knife and do not touch the ground. If the tip of the knife is not sharp, you can change the blade.Contains a hook knife with 3 blades and a box of blades. There are 13 blades in total.
- Before packaging, we will spot check some products to ensure that the product quality is qualified, but there may still be a few products with quality problems, and some damage may also occur during transportation and storage. If you encounter these problems when you buy, we will free Return the goods to you to ensure your buying experience.
Additional Info :
3. YouU 1 Acrylic Cutter and 10 Pcs Blade Set, Multi-Use Cutter with Cutting Blade（Upgraded version)
- ✓What you get: 1 pcs Acrylic Cutter and 10 pcs knife blade.(Upgraded version)
- ✓Good material: New and High quality.(Please look for “YouU Direct” to buy, so as not to buy inappropriate products! We are in the process of filing brand trademarks.）
- ✓Application: Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet Cutter.
- ✓Plexiglass sheet cutter.
- ✓We care about our customers: If you have any problem of our product, you can click “SELLER CONTACT” button in your Amazon account to email us. we would be delighted to help you and reply as soon as we can.
4. (2-Pack) Plexiglass Scoring Tool – Extra-Sharp Steel Blade for Clean Snap Lines – Suitable for Acrylic, Plastic, and Styrene Sheets
- PLEXIGLASS SCORING TOOL – There’s a tool for cutting or scribing Plexiglass and generic acrylic sheets. Depending on thickness, Plexiglass sheets will require several passes with this Plexiglass cutting tool before you can snap them off.
- EXTRA-SHARP STEEL BLADE FOR CLEAN SNAP LINES – This tool won’t cut the Plexiglass directly, but it sure can create clean and accurate scribe marks that will bend and snap off cleanly. Don’t settle for dull blades or ill-suited tools. Only a Plexiglass cutting tool with super sharp steel blades can do the job right.
- ERGONOMIC MOLDED PLASTIC HANDLE – Scribing requires putting pressure on a rigid surface. And as you need to make several passes, you’ll most definitely end up with hand pain. To mitigate this, the Plexiglass cutting tool has a molded plastic handle with a simple but easy-to-grip design that allows you to use the tool more efficiently.
- ALSO SUITABLE FOR ACRYLIC, PLASTIC, AND STYRENE SHEETS – The super-sharp steel blade is highly suitable for scribing straight lines on different plastic sheets and fiber cement roofing/siding. It’s also an option for cutting polystyrene sheets and strips. This tool uses the standard blade and design for scribing tools available in the market.
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON LEXAN – It’s possible to use this Plexiglass to cut Lexan or generic polycarbonate sheets, but the recommended way to cut this type of material is with the use of a circular saw or a jigsaw. If you intend to use this on Lexan sheets, you have been warned.
5. Logan Acrylic Plastic Cutter 709-1 for Plexi Glass and Thick Plastic and Acrylic Sheet Cutting
- Hand held cutting tool for sizing plastic and acrylic
- Used for general framing and matting and for professional creative applications where cutting of acrylic or plexi glass is needed
- Can be used along any straight edge and works best with metal rulers or straight edges.
- Can also be used with most Logan Graphics equipment and framing/mating systems
- An inexpensive way to cut plexiglass and acrylic for framing and other creative and general purposes
Additional Info :
6. SOURCEONE.ORG Premium 1/4 Clear Acrylic PlexiGlass Sheet
- acrylic cutter
Additional Info :
7. NT Cutter Multi-Use Plastic Cutter with Plastic Cutting Blade and Precision Knife Blade, 1 Cutter (M-500P)
- Multi-use plastic cutter
- With a plastic cutting hook blade (BM-1) and precision knife blade (BM-2)
- # of blade included: BM-1 x 1, BM-2 x 1
- Replacement blade: BM-1, BM-2
- Cutting Material of blade BM-1: Paper, card stock, soft film, leather, any other thin material
- Cutting Material of blade BM-2: Plastics, light ceiling tiles, laminates, plexiglass, etc.
- BM-1 is also good for leather trimming, plastic edge trim
- Made in Japan
Additional Info :
8. YouU 1pcs Acrylic Cutter and 10 Pcs Blade Set with Mini Box,Multi-Use Cutter with Cutting Blade/1pcs Tungsten Carbide Scribe and Etching Pen（Golden）
- ✓What you get: 1 pcs Acrylic Cutter and 10 pcs knife blade，/1pcs Tungsten Carbide Scribe.
- ✓Good material: High quality ABS material and ergonomic design provides excellent comfort and grip to prevent slipping.
- ✓Application: Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet Cutter，The carbide scribe pen is the perfect tool for making sharp accurate lines on hardened materials like hardened steel,stainless steel,ceramics and glass;
- ✓Plexiglass sheet cutter/Tungsten Carbide Scribe.
- ✓We care about our customers:If you have any problem of our product, you can click “SELLER CONTACT” button in your Amazon account to email us. we would be delighted to help you and reply as soon as we can.
9. Premium 1/8 th Inch Thick Acrylic Plexiglass Sheet
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL QUALITY. 1/8th thick Acrylic is the number one choice when you’re concern for safety and handling. It is stronger and tougher than glass, it’s lightweight and easy to shape or fabricate. Acrylic has a higher impact resistant than glass, but it still has similar impact strength. The lightweight of acrylic is also another great benefit. You’re able to use an acrylic sheet that is twice the thickness but still weighing about half weight of conventional glass sheet.
- ✅ MULTIPURPOSE- Acrylic sheet uses are glass window replacement, outdoor signs, lighting applications, and bending or manipulation.
- ✅ EASY USE- Acrylic sheet can easily be sawed, routed, drilled, formed, bent and cemented
- ✅DURABLE SHIPPING- Our acrylic sheets arrive with Film Mask for Protection from scratches
- ✅ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. SourceOne products are always in stock, and we offer a money-back guarantee. Our fast shipping ensures that your order arrives fast, safe, and in top-notch condition. That means no damage, no scratches—the best condition possible. If you’re not satisfied with your order, we promise to return your hard-earned money. Customers like you are our number-one priority, and if you’re happy, it means we’ve done our job.
Additional Info :
10. Jetech Professional Fixed-Blade Utility Knife, Box Cutter with Heat-Treated SK2 and Chrome Changeable Blades for Plastic, Acrylic Sheet, Plexiglass, Non-Retractable, Blue
- SHARP CUTTING EDGE – Features heat-treated SK2 steel and chrome with 1.2% carbon content, its unique double milled cutting edge provides high hardness and tenacity.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION & COMFY GRIP – Cold punched stainless steel housing holds the blade in position. Ergonomic plastic sheathe gives a comfortable and non-slip grip while cutting.
- FIXED BLADE DESIGN – Unlike common utility knives, this one comes with a fixed blade. It will never retract with a built-in fixed pin to ensure safety while cutting the hard materials.
- DETACHABLE & SWAPPABLE BLADE – Simply press and push the black button back to take the blade out. Detach the blade for easy storage when not in use. Its refill blades are available from Jetech.
- WIDE APPLICATION – Designed for professional use on plastic, acrylic sheet, plexiglass and so on. Its strong cutting force makes it perfect for no matter professional or home use, DIY projects or others.
Additional Info :
What to Look for When Buying cutter for plexiglass
Some of the most important elements to consider before purchasing for cutter for plexiglass are listed below. These are important considerations because the cutters you’re considering purchasing can either make or break your experiences.
Check to see if the cutter for plexiglass you’re about to buy is adaptable and can be used for more than just cutting things. Some cutters have a serrated jaw that can be used to carefully remove thing insulation. Others can be utilized for certain purposes.
Managing and finding a balance between the many types of cutters you’ll receive is critical to getting the most out of your cutter for plexiglass.
Always keep in mind that a good cutter is both safe and secure to use. I propose that you stick with some of the well-known and respected brands, as the things they produce are of high quality and well-received.
For example, if you’re an electrician, you might want to invest in an cutter for plexiglass so you can confidently strip things and make clean cuts on cables without worry of being electrocuted.
Furthermore, check to see if the cutter for plexiglass you’re considering purchasing has any kind of safety features, such as locks, latches, or straps, so that you can securely protect not just yourself but also your instruments and the whole working environment.
It is also critical to consider the material utilized in the cutter’s construction. Keep in mind that premium fence cutters, steel cutters, and other huge cutters are constructed from some of the most refined metal alloys that are durable enough for rough use.
Carbon steel, vanadium, and chromium are examples of special alloys. Furthermore, some manufacturers fortify these already robust metals by treating them with extra compounds that can make the products resistant to rusting and corrosion.
This is the final critical item to consider before ahead with your purchase. As a starting point, I’ve created a self-questionnaire that you can use before purchasing a cutter for plexiglass:
- Is the cutter for plexiglass the same size as my hand?
- Do you like the way it feels when you hold it?
- Can I handle the cutter for plexiglass weight?
- Does it have a luxury feel?
- Is it constructed of high-quality gripping handle materials?
Comfort is paramount for cutter for plexiglass. You don’t want to have hand cramps while using thing shears on the job because it will hinder your performance.
If you want to acquire a cutter that will last for a long time, you should make an informed decision. Many cutters are incapable of severing large cables. As a result, you may discover the need to purchase a new cutter in the future.
It is pointless to force and push a cutter beyond its capabilities because it will eventually wear it down. Choose a cutter that can do a variety of cuts.
Another significant factor to consider is the material used to make the cutter for plexiglass. Regardless of things thickness, the cutter should be strong enough to support the cuts.
5 Tips to Keep Hands Safe
Why Focus on Hands?
Because hands are on the front lines of physical labor, they are frequently in danger. Coating professionals, on the other hand, cannot execute their tasks without healthy hands. Having two palms and ten digits is essential for a productive, efficient labor. Hand safety should be a key priority.
Consider that restoring and healing a hand can soon become a complex and time-consuming task. Hands, fingers, and wrists entail a complicated interplay of numerous microscopic moving parts that are extremely difficult to repair if they are interrupted. Because hands are engaged in fine motor movements, regaining complete capability may take days, weeks, or months of dedicated physical therapy.
Hand injuries can result in discomfort, inability or limited ability to work, surgery and rehab, mental and emotional strain from being wounded, and daily hassles outside of work for the worker. A hand injury may result in hospitalization and ongoing physical therapy costs, workers’ compensation, increased insurance rates, disrupted workflow, training and hiring a temporary or permanent replacement worker, decreased worker morale, and a higher Total Recordable Incident Rate for the employer.
Hand injuries have serious and often long-term repercussions. The advantages of prevention, on the other hand, are enormous. Let’s start creating a zero-hand-injury workplace right away with these five simple measures to prevent hand injuries.
1. Put on PPE
When it comes to hand protection, wearing gloves is a must. Most hand injuries are avoidable with the proper gloves. Some gloves protect against impact injuries, others from laceration and still others from chemical burns. Understand your gloves and the level of protection they provide. Provide your employees with the appropriate gloves.
Gloves must fit properly. Gloves are uncomfortable and impede dexterity, according to many workers. Ill-fitting gloves can pose more dangers than they protect. Check that the gloves fit properly and do not restrict mobility. And, like with other equipment, gloves must constantly be in good operating order.
In addition, establish a zero-tolerance policy for not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This is a simple precaution to take, and there are no valid reasons to disregard it.
2. Make use of safe, well-maintained tools and equipment.
Providing your staff with the safest equipment and ensuring that it is constantly in good working order will greatly reduce the chance of accident. Never allow workers to utilize tools that have been tampered with or modified. Any equipment that isn’t working properly must be taken out of service until it is repaired. Workers must also employ safety guards whenever possible.
Create a schedule for equipment and tool maintenance. Also, check on a regular basis to determine if there are safer alternatives to the tools and equipment your personnel are now utilizing. For example, do your employees have the best safety knives available? Keep up with a design and material advances to ensure that your employees have access to the safest products on the market.
3. Go Ergo, Stretch, and Strengthen
Many workers are required to perform repetitive motions, and overuse-strain injuries are widespread in the workplace. To avoid these injuries, employees must avoid overworking their hands, wrists, and forearms on a daily basis. Stretching hands, fingers, and wrists before and after work, as well as once or twice an hour, will assist employees.
Make sure your employees perform actions that are diametrically opposed to those required by the repetitive task they are performing. Encourage staff to do hand strengthening exercises two or three times per week to keep their hands healthy and capable of enduring long periods of labor without becoming fatigued.
Make sure your tools and equipment are well-designed. Ergonomic items allow for natural, comfortable movements; they are created to feel like an extension of the body. This significantly reduces tiredness and muscle strain.
4. Be Alert
In general, awareness is a critical component of occupational safety. Workers must be aware of both actual and prospective hazards around them. This includes no screen time, headphones, or phone calls while working.
Furthermore, workers must always be mindful of what they are touching and where their hands are going. They should never place their hands in places where they cannot be observed.
Watch for trip-and-fall hazards: When people fall, the first thing they normally do to protect themselves is reached out their hands to catch themselves. Being mindful of your surroundings and the surfaces you come into contact with will help keep your hands safe.
5. Be Patient and Prepared
Before beginning any task, your staff must ensure that the space is safe and uncluttered and that all safeguards and standards are followed. They should pause and take a breather. Examine the environment for any clutter that could be a distraction or get in the way. Are the gloves on, and do they fit properly? Is all of the equipment in good condition? Is there anyone in the way?
Taking a moment or two to double-check that your crew is adhering to all safety protocols — not cutting corners or taking anything for granted — is an excellent approach to refocus attention on remaining safe. Consider it a variation on the carpenter’s rule: “Measure twice, cut once.”
Small Efforts Reap Big Benefits
It is simple to keep your hands healthy and injury-free. It takes continuous adherence to protocols, but consider the huge payoff: your employees keep healthy hands and avoid unpleasant, frustrating injuries. The corporation saves money and has a happier, more productive workforce.
You may establish a workplace with no hand injuries. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to help employees thrive!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of a blade cutter?
Fast cuts are made with a rotary blade cutter, details are made with a tangential knife, and fold lines are formed with a creasing tool. The blades can be automatically changed. Working with corrugated cardboard, composites, rubber, cork, and filter materials requires the usage of cutting systems.
What does cutter mean in slang?
A person who cuts himself in an attempt to relieve despair or other psychological problems. I had no idea she was a cutter. She is unable to cope with the world around her, thus she became a cutter.
How do you cut paper perfectly?
Press the ruler firmly onto the work area, or use adhesive tack to keep it in place. Place the blade of the knife precisely alongside the ruler and cut downward, carefully moving the knife toward you. Repeat several times to ensure that the paper is thoroughly cut through. When cutting, don’t use too much pressure with the knife.
How many types of cutters are there?
There are many different types to choose from. They are available in a variety of sizes and with various pincers and joints, with the three fundamental varieties being locking, adjustable, and non-adjustable. These instruments are often composed of steel.
What do you call cutting tools?
Fabric shears, culinary shears, spring-loaded shears, pruning shears, paper trimmers, craft knives, thread clippers, rotary cutters, and more tools are available.
Leave a Reply