It’s hardly surprising that health food stores and your Instagram feed are full of different multi-brands that promise to be the best for the third of Americans who use multivitamin/multimineral supplements.
In today’s world of fashionable marketing, influencer campaigns, and ever-shifting nutritional paradigms, it can be difficult to determine which dietary supplement is most critical to our overall well-being.
It’s difficult to get started these days because there are so many options available. Allow this be a motivating factor, but don’t let it stop you from adopting the practice of eating multiple meals per day.
Taking a decent multivitamin on a regular basis might help you avoid depleting your body of essential nutrients. Your immune system, brain, heart, and bones will benefit from the daily amount of minerals and phytonutrients it provides.
What is it about a multivitamin that makes it “good”? Here are some of our favorites.
Doctor Recommended Multivitamin
- Men’s Daily Multimineral Multivitamin Supplement– Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet can be difficult, especially when you lead a busy lifestyle. We’ve created our Men’s Multivitamin to complement your meals, filling in occasional gaps or shortfalls for optimal nutritional value. With Vitamin D and Zinc, you’ll maintain bones and muscle health, whereas Selenium and Iodine help support your immune system.
- Pure Encapsulations O.N.E. Multivitamin– Pure Encapsulations’ O.N.E. multivitamin contains essential vitamins and minerals, such as A, B, C, D, E, as well as coenzyme Q10 and Metafolin l-methylfolate for antioxidant activity. This formula also provides astaxanthin (for ocular health), lutein, zeaxanthin (for vision), and choline.
- Dr. Tobias Adult Multivitamin Supplement– Most people think you only need multivitamins if you have specific deficiencies or are a health-conscious person. But the truth is that it can be hard to get all the nutrition you need, all of the time. And I’m willing to bet that you’re already behind on some essential vitamins and minerals.
- Supplements Studio Daily Vegan Whole Food Multivitamin– It’s a multivitamin, right? Only this is a Vegan Multivitamin packed with all the nutrition of whole foods in one low-calorie tablet. This is what you take after you’ve been cleaned out on kale and spinach, you need to get those nutrients back too.
- Multivitamin for Women and Men by Primal Harvest– Primal Harvest’s multivitamin supplement is packed with 21 key vitamins and minerals that are necessary for overall health. It increases energy and stamina, improves mood, supports overall health, boosts eye and skin health, even helps you in your fight against colds and the flu.
Best Multivitamin For Men
- vitafusion Gummy Vitamins for Men– You don’t need an excuse to indulge in something sweet every now and then. So we won’t give you one with these great-tasting gummy supplements. Each serving of this daily multivitamin for Men is both a one-per-day multi AND a fun, fruity snack—no bad-for-you weird stuff here!
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men– Do you live a fit lifestyle? Do you train hard and tackle life with passion? If your answer is yes, then Opti-Men is for you. Before I go on, let me fill you in on ON’s product philosophy: if you eat clean, exercise smart and take ON Opti-Men and Monster Energy, the rest of your life will take care of itself. The remainder of this article will address specific issues I have with ON’s new product offering.
- Nature’s Way Alive! Men’s Ultra Complete Multivitamin– With nine essential nutrients which are recognized as essential to men’s health. Vitamin A, C, and E are antioxidants that are known to help support immune health. Zinc is a natural mineral that supports immunity, taste and sense of smell, healthy skin, and prostate health. Vitamin B6 and folate are important for blood work function, energy metabolism, and heart health. Vitamin B12 plays a role in nearly every process taking place in the body.
- Centrum Multivitamin for Men, Multivitamin– It’s never too late to start taking care of yourself. Men, if you want to ensure your body is running at peak performance, take a daily multivitamin like Centrum® Adult Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Supplement.
- New Chapter Men’s Multivitamin– New Chapter Men’s Multivitamin is formulated specifically for men. We took into consideration the differences between raw or USP multivitamins, gummy vitamins and whole food fermented multivitamins like New Chapter’s Every Man’s One Daily and crafted a formula to maximize your nutrient intake.
Best Multivitamin For Adults
- NATURELO One Daily Multivitamin for Men– You have a lot of important things on your plate, like supporting your immune system and keeping your skin looking young. This New Chapter Men’s Multi is focused on helping you out by providing antioxidant vitamins and minerals like A, C & E, zinc & selenium — so you can stay feeling great in every way.
- Centrum MultiGummies Gummy Multivitamin for Adults– Whether you’re just starting to think about growing older or you’re already well into your golden years, the Centrum MultiGummies gummy multivitamin for Adults is sure to be a hit. These great-tasting multivitamin gummies deliver key nutrients that help support energy, metabolism and immunity in an easy-to-take multivitamin form. Each adult gummy multivitamin contains immune support so you can tackle life’s challenges with confidence.
- SmartyPants Daily Gummy Multivitamin Adult– SmartyPants Adult Complete exists for one reason: to help you live your best life. We combine the nutritional needs of an adult, in one easy-to-take gummy a day. Its B vitamins and folate as methyl folate work together to support cognitive health, vitamin D3 helps keep bones strong, and omega-3s support heart health.* Plus these tasty gummies are gluten-free, vegetarian, non-GMO, and kosher.
- Kirkland Signature Mature Adult Multi Vitamin– For all the things you wear, you really should be taking Kirkland Signature Mature Adult Multi Vitamins and Minerals with Lycopene and Lutein. This supplement supports heart health, eye health, immune health, bones and teeth health. It provides antioxidant protection. A dietary supplement with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no yeast or gluten; it’s ideal for all adults of any age.
- Adult Multivitamin Gummies Extra Strength– These vitamins are just the right amount of sweet for the whole family to enjoy. We’ve packed them with both Vitamin E and C, ready to give you natural immune support for both men and women. Both biotin and folic acid are powerful nutrients that support strong and beautiful hair, skin, and nails. Each serving is 2 convenient delicious strawberry flavor gummies ready to go with you anywhere
Best Multivitamin For Women
- vitafusion Women’s Multivitamin Gummies– Vitafusion Women’s Multivitamin Gummies blend the best-tasting and most effective multivitamin with the added benefits of natural fruit flavors. These delicious gummy vitamins provide a great tasting and convenient alternative to traditional, hard-to-swallow vitamin pills.
- Centrum Multivitamin for Women– Centrum Multivitamin for Women provides the combined power of 23 essential vitamins and minerals to support health throughout your life. This multivitamin for women contains B Vitamins to help support energy and metabolism, antioxidant vitamins C and E for immune support, and biotin for soft, shiny hair.
- Rainbow Light Women’s One Multivitamin– Rainbow Light Women’s One Multivitamin provides comprehensive nutritional support to promote women’s health. This comprehensive multivitamin is designed to nourish, energize, and support a woman’s body with scientifically studied ingredients and a unique Women’s Vitality Blend to fuel female vitality at the cellular level. Each tablet contains key ingredients including potent B-vitamins, choline, antioxidant vitamin C and E, plus vitamin D that promote natural energy production and supports bone, breast, immune and nervous system health.
- OLLY Ultra Women’s Multi Softgels– These OLLY Women’s Multivitamin + Omega-3 Ultra Softgels are not your regular multivitamin. They are specifically tailored to meet the unique health needs of women. We include B12, which is essential for cellular energy and supports brain, nervous system and eye function. You can also get a boost of Omega-3s that helps support brain, nervous system and eye function. All combined with antioxidant nutrients that protect against free radical damage.
- Nature Made Multivitamin for Her– Nature Made Multivitamin For Her Tablets help support bone and muscle health, immune health, and energy metabolism. This supplement is a dietary supplement that also contains 23 key nutrients for daily nutritional support, including Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3, and Calcium. Adults, take one tablet daily with water and a meal
Best Multivitamin For Kids
- SmartyPants Kids Formula Daily Gummy Multivitamin– SmartyPants Kids Formula was created to make sure that every child gets the vitally important nutrients they need in a fun, delicious way! Each serving of SmartyPants Kids Formula delivers omega-3 EPA and DHA essential fatty acids (from fish oil), vitamin D3 for bone and brain health, phosphorus to support healthy bones, zinc for immunity and antioxidants vitamin C and E to help maintain good health all in one easy (and delicious) serving.
- Lil Critters Gummy Vites Daily Kids Gummy Multivitamin–Kids love the great taste, naturally sourced flavors and the fun gummy bear shape. Parents can trust that kids are getting essential vitamins and minerals to support and maintain healthy growth and development.
- Zarbee’s Complete Kids Multivitamin– Zarbee’s is an easy way to give your little ones a multivitamin all year round. Great for packing on the go and an easy way to get kids all the nutrients they need, Zarbee’s offers a delicious way to ensure your kids are getting what they need in one serving.
- Kids Formula & Fiber Daily Gummy Multivitamin– Kids Fiber Gummies are the perfect way to get kids their daily vitamins and fiber. This premium formula delivers omega-3s from fish oil, prebiotic fiber for digestion, vitamin D3 for bones, vitamin B12 to support energy metabolism and folate as methylfolate – all in one delicious gummy.
- Kids Vitamins by MaryRuth’s | Sugar Free– Strawberry, papaya and super punch gummies are formulated to give your child the vitamin complex their growing bodies need. Each bottle of MaryRuth’s contains 33 delicious and nutritious servings that feature no gelatin, dairy or gluten. Every serving also includes as much Vitamin C as two oranges!
What To Look For In a Quality Multivitamin
It is essential to know exactly what to look for when selecting a multivitamin, as new options are released every day.
There are more than twenty individuals actively involved (aka, vitamins, minerals, and more)
1. 20+ actives (aka, vitamins, minerals, and more)
- Vitamins that are completely fat-soluble (A, D3, E, K1, and K2)
- water-soluble vitamins in their total variety (vitamin C and all eight B vitamins)
- microbiological macrominerals (especially calcium, magnesium, and potassium)
- microcrystals with traces of trace elements (iron, iodine, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, molybdenum, chromium, potassium, boron, silica, etc.)
You must also ensure that the doses of these active substances are consistent with recognized daily nutritional requirements and current scientific studies.
Be aware of “proprietary” products that do not specify the exact amounts of each ingredient when it comes to the list of ingredients.
Consider a multivitamin tailored to your dietary preferences (think vegan) or life stage (think elderly) as an option (like the pre- and postnatal period).
Iron, vitamin D, calcium, and B vitamins should be included in increased concentrations in prenatal and postnatal multivitamins, for example (and may also feature choline, omega-3 DHA, etc.)
You will acquire nutrients in their most bioavailable, bioactive, and mild forms with a high-quality multivitamin.
This component list should include methylation B vitamins, vitamin D3 (rather than vitamin D2), and chelated minerals (which are bound to an agent such as an amino acid to enhance absorption).
The production and testing methods employed by respectable companies to guarantee the purity and efficacy of their multivitamin ingredients and the finished product are also open and transparent.
4. Botanicals & bioactives
Not all multivitamins include botanicals and bioactives in addition to critical elements, although doing so is a significant step.
Watch out for phytonutrients (including lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, and resveratrol), herbs (like ashwagandha), and master antioxidants (like resveratrol) (such as glutathione or CoQ10).
Some multivitamins contain a fruit and vegetable blend, but the dosages are typically so low that they provide no benefit.
We prefer a greens powder that can be scooped up and consumed on its own.
5. Clean Ingredients
Look for a multivitamin with the cleanest (and shortest) “other ingredients” list possible, in addition to the highest-quality versions of actual nutrients.
Therefore, significant allergies (such as gluten, dairy, and soy), unnecessary additives, and artificial colors and flavors are prohibited. This is a positive event.
A multivitamin with a reasonable serving size is a huge advantage, as no one enjoys taking four to eight capsules or pills daily. This is particularly important if you struggle to maintain multiple routines.
The Benefits of Taking a Multivitamin
Taking a daily multivitamin has various benefits for your body and health beyond the obvious one of preventing nutritional deficiency.
Are there only one or two proven theories? In addition to a strong immune system and a long life expectancy, good skin, hair, and nail health have additional advantages.
In supplement formulations, antioxidants and other botanical bioactives can give extra health and lifespan advantages.
Incorporating a high-quality multivitamin into your daily routine is a simple but effective way to guarantee that your body obtains the full range of nutrients it needs to work at its best, but which you may not be consuming as regularly as you would like from your diet.
In addition to the fundamental ingredients, the greatest multivitamins also contain bioactive and botanical substances that are beneficial to your health!)*
It is always a good idea to review your supplement routine with a nutritionist or health care professional; this list is a great place to begin your search for the best multivitamin for you.
Leave a Reply