Everyone knows that purchasing a new paper guillotine cutter is one of the biggest decisions you’re ever going to make. That’s why it’s so important to do your research beforehand. Every paper guillotine cutter on the market has different features. Some features might appeal to you more than others, and you have to be sure that what you want isn’t too good to be true before purchasing anything. You should also think about safety while in the process of making your decision.
Best paper guillotine cutter : Top 10 Picks!
1. X-ACTO 26315 Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer, 12″ x 15″
- Heavy-duty paper trimmer cuts up to 15 sheets at once
- Solid wood base and rubber feet provide stable platform for cutting
- Oversized rubber grip offers comfort and control
- Perpetual Edge self-sharpening system keeps blade sharp for every cut
- Safety guard and latch.Adjustable Paper Guide
Additional Info :
2. Swingline Paper Cutter, Guillotine Trimmer, 12″ Cut Length, 10 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Lite (9312)
- Easy to use trimmer – Lite trimmer is simple and easy to use, with a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. Built with a sturdy plastic base, it’s also light enough for easy transport
- 12” Cutting length – With a 12” cutting length, it’s a convenient choice for most common trimming tasks. Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- Cuts 10 sheets – Excellent for everyday use, this neat little trimmer cuts through paper, photos and more, cleanly cutting up to 10 sheets at a time (20 pounds paper)
- Accurate cuts – Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer
- Safety features – Guard rail keeps fingers safely away from the blade while it’s in use. Blade latch hook securely locks the trimmer arm when not in use
Additional Info :
3. Swingline Paper Cutter, Guillotine Trimmer, 15″ Cut Length, 10 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Lite (9315)
- EASY TO USE TRIMMER: Lite trimmer is simple and easy to use, with a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. Built with a sturdy plastic base, it’s also light enough for easy transport
- 15” CUTTING LENGTH: With a 15 Inches cutting length, it’s a convenient choice for most common trimming tasks. Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- CUTS 10 SHEETS: Excellent for everyday use, this neat little trimmer cuts through paper, photos and more, cleanly cutting up to 10 sheets at a time
- ACCURATE CUTS: Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer
- SAFETY FEATURES: Guard rail keeps fingers safely away from the blade while it’s in use. Blade latch hook securely locks the trimmer arm when not in use
Additional Info :
4. Swingline Guillotine Paper Cutter Heavy Duty, 12 Inch Paper Cutting Board with Guard Rail, Blade Lock, Cuts Up to 10 Sheets, Professional Manual Paper Cutter Trimmer for Scrapbooking, Crafts & Photo.
- EFFORTLESS WAY TO CUT – Slice through paper without difficulty. Our paper slicer is simple to use. The guillotine cutter blade cuts thick papers like a hot knife cutting through butter.
- PRECISE CUTTING – Slice paper, cardboard, picture, cardstock, document page, and business cards accurately. This big 12″ heavy duty paper cutter with handle has an alignment grid, letting you cut straight in one quick motion.
- TRIM MORE PAPERS AT ONCE – Our large paper cutting board can cut through 10 sheets at once. This paper guillotine’s dual scale ruler has inch and centimeter markings for more seamless cutting and trimming.
- SAFETY FIRST – We equipped our paper cutter guillotine with a guard rail to keep fingers safe from the blade. You can also secure the paper and photo cutter when not in use with the blade latch hook.
- PORTABLE STRAIGHT EDGE CUTTER – Our sheet cutters and trimmers are convenient for various trimming needs. Use it as a business card cutter, or as a paper cutter for scrapbooking.
Additional Info :
5. TEXALAN Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter Black 400 Sheets Stack Paper Trimmer (A4-12” Paper Cutter)
- Heavy Duty Steel Base;Hardened Steel Cutting Blade;Adjustable Paper Clamp;Pre-assembled and ready-to-use out of the box;Scratch resistant coating on grid surface
- Base Size: 21″ x 15″ x 1 1/2″;
- Overall Size: 21″ x 15″ x 13 1/2″ (including cutting bar)
- Maximum Cutting Width: 12″
- Maximum Cutting Capacity: 400 Sheets (for 2.85oz Letter Paper)
Additional Info :
6. Mophorn Electric Paper Cutter 450mm 17.7 Inch Paper Cutter Guillotine Numerical Control Automatic Digital
- Product Parameter: Max. Cutting Size:18 inch (450 mm), Min. Cutting Size: 2 inch(50 mm), Cutting thickness:1.6 inch(40 mm), Cutting Precision:±0.02 inch(±0.5 mm).
- Premium Quality: The electric paper cutter mainly adopts metal structure, sturdy and durable. The blade uses the sharp, thickened steel knife with fast cutting speed and high efficiency.
- Smart LCD Display: LCD display brings intelligent control and digital operation. The integrated control panel designs the comfortable keys for easy and convenient operation.
- Infrared Light Positioning:Enclosed infrared light baffles are designed on both sides of the paper cutter guillotine. The positioning of infrared light makes the paper cutting more intuitive and accurate and provides more secure and reliable operation.
- Multiple Application: This electric guillotine paper cutter is ideal for cutting paper, coupon, label, cardstock, etc. For both commercial & professional use in the office, laboratory, industry, etc.
Additional Info :
7. VEVOR Electric Paper Cutter 0-330 Cutting Width, Electric Paper Trimmer, 40mm Cutting Thickness, Desktop Cutting Paper Machine, Industrial Paper Cutter, Heavy Duty Paper Cutter, for Office, School
- Precision Cutting: H-type paper feeder design, which is convenient for the paper to lay flat and aligned; with a precision scale, the cutting size can be adjusted; there is a red electronic line at the cutting position to ensure accurate cutting.
- Infrared Protection: Infrared photoelectric protection, sensitive monitoring, comprehensive protection of the safety of the operating environment; the design of the operation panel is simple and easy to operate.
- User-friendly Design: High-quality steel knife, sharp and durable, more comfortable to cut, suitable for thick paper cutting, removable and replaceable; Independent hand-cranked wheel press paper, easy to control the tightness.
- Heavy-duty Construction: Papers cutter is made of high-quality steel plate, universal wheel design for secure handling, precise circuit design, extended machine life, and high efficiency.
- Various Applications: Commercial paper cutter is ideal for offices, schools, churches, businesses, printing plants, and individual professional users.
Additional Info :
8. HFS 17″ Blade A3 Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter (A3-17” Paper Cutter)
- [Size]: Base Size: 25.5″ x 19.25″ x 2”, Overall Size: 25.5″ x 19.25″ x 12.75″ (including cutting bar), Maximum Cutting Width: 17”, Maximum Cutting Capacity: 400 Sheets (for 2.85oz Ledger Paper) (1.5″ thick)
- [Maximum Cutting Capacity]: 400 Sheets (for 2.85oz Letter Paper), The HFS Stack Guillotine Cutters are able to slice through 400 sheets (1.5″ thick) in one pass. The built-in heavy-duty clamp puts even pressure across the entire cut area to eliminate paper shift and drag. This model features a 17″ cut length from front to back, large enough to cut posters and larger books.
- [Solid Steel Construction]: Solid steel construction ensures this cutter will last a long time, and you’ll be able to tell the moment you pick it up. Rubber feet at each corner stop the cutter from sliding during use, and a removable handle allows for easier storage.
- [Hardened Steel Blade]: The hardened steel blade comes razor sharp, but is also easily replaceable as it wears down over time. Professional knife sharpening services can bring life to old blades, or you can purchase new ones separately from HFS.
- [Replacement Parts & Aftersales Service]: The replacements parts and operation instructions are available if needed.
Additional Info :
9. Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter, 18″ Cut Length, 15 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Ingento (1152) , Maple
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Ingento guillotine-style trimmer delivers dependable performance. Built strong, with a solid maple base, die-cast metal arm and self-sharpening steel blade.
- 18” CUTTING LENGTH – Features an 18” cutting length, allowing plenty of space to accommodate creative projects. Solid base with non-slip feet. Large trimmer is perfect for shared workspaces.
- CUTS 15 SHEETS – Strong trimmer cuts up to 15 sheets of paper at a time. Suitable for cutting everything from delicate tissue to photos and heavy matboard. Ideal for high-volume projects.
- ACCURATE CUTTING – Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer.
- SAFETY FEATURES – Steel tension spring holds guillotine blade arm firmly in place in any position. Blade latch hook secures the arm when not in use. Protective guard rail also helps keep users safe.
Additional Info :
10. Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter, A3 Large Paper Trimmer Blade Gridded Photo Guillotine Craft Machine, 18 inch Cut Length, 18.9″ x 15.0″ (Use for A2-A7)
- [Accurate Cutting] — Designed for accuracy. Multiple alignment grid and millimeters/inches printing on the trimmer base helps for accurate measuring. The movable black magnetic positioning block can be automatically attached to the base and help to align the scale and keep papers straight.
- [Convenient & Efficient] — The size scale marks in two directions on the paper trimmer board help you to be more convenient when cutting paper. You can cut the paper size from A2-A7 as you needs easily. 18 Inch cut length cuts up to 12 sheets at a time makes more efficient.
- [Safety Design] — Cutting easily and safely. Ergonomic designed arm and handle make cutting easy. The latch hook helps to lock the trimmer arm when not in use, fully hiding the blade to prevent accident injury.
- [High Quality] — Made of high-quality steel, the sturdy and lightweight paper cutter is now no longer as heavy as an anvil. The durable solid metal base and sturdy blades make accurate and straight cuts, also never deformed nor broken.
- [Wide Application] — The paper cutter is very suitable to cut Papers, Photos, Pictures, Label, Cards and more paper products. Perfect to be used in offices, schools, home, printing shops, photo studio and so on.
Additional Info :
What to Look for When Buying paper guillotine cutter
Some of the most important elements to consider before purchasing for paper guillotine cutter are listed below. These are important considerations because the cutters you’re considering purchasing can either make or break your experiences.
Check to see if the paper guillotine cutter you’re about to buy is adaptable and can be used for more than just cutting things. Some cutters have a serrated jaw that can be used to carefully remove thing insulation. Others can be utilized for certain purposes.
Managing and finding a balance between the many types of cutters you’ll receive is critical to getting the most out of your paper guillotine cutter.
Always keep in mind that a good cutter is both safe and secure to use. I propose that you stick with some of the well-known and respected brands, as the things they produce are of high quality and well-received.
For example, if you’re an electrician, you might want to invest in an paper guillotine cutter so you can confidently strip things and make clean cuts on cables without worry of being electrocuted.
Furthermore, check to see if the paper guillotine cutter you’re considering purchasing has any kind of safety features, such as locks, latches, or straps, so that you can securely protect not just yourself but also your instruments and the whole working environment.
It is also critical to consider the material utilized in the cutter’s construction. Keep in mind that premium fence cutters, steel cutters, and other huge cutters are constructed from some of the most refined metal alloys that are durable enough for rough use.
Carbon steel, vanadium, and chromium are examples of special alloys. Furthermore, some manufacturers fortify these already robust metals by treating them with extra compounds that can make the products resistant to rusting and corrosion.
This is the final critical item to consider before ahead with your purchase. As a starting point, I’ve created a self-questionnaire that you can use before purchasing a paper guillotine cutter:
- Is the paper guillotine cutter the same size as my hand?
- Do you like the way it feels when you hold it?
- Can I handle the paper guillotine cutter weight?
- Does it have a luxury feel?
- Is it constructed of high-quality gripping handle materials?
Comfort is paramount for paper guillotine cutter. You don’t want to have hand cramps while using thing shears on the job because it will hinder your performance.
If you want to acquire a cutter that will last for a long time, you should make an informed decision. Many cutters are incapable of severing large cables. As a result, you may discover the need to purchase a new cutter in the future.
It is pointless to force and push a cutter beyond its capabilities because it will eventually wear it down. Choose a cutter that can do a variety of cuts.
Another significant factor to consider is the material used to make the paper guillotine cutter. Regardless of things thickness, the cutter should be strong enough to support the cuts.
5 Tips to Keep Hands Safe
Why Focus on Hands?
Because hands are on the front lines of physical labor, they are frequently in danger. Coating professionals, on the other hand, cannot execute their tasks without healthy hands. Having two palms and ten digits is essential for a productive, efficient labor. Hand safety should be a key priority.
Consider that restoring and healing a hand can soon become a complex and time-consuming task. Hands, fingers, and wrists entail a complicated interplay of numerous microscopic moving parts that are extremely difficult to repair if they are interrupted. Because hands are engaged in fine motor movements, regaining complete capability may take days, weeks, or months of dedicated physical therapy.
Hand injuries can result in discomfort, inability or limited ability to work, surgery and rehab, mental and emotional strain from being wounded, and daily hassles outside of work for the worker. A hand injury may result in hospitalization and ongoing physical therapy costs, workers’ compensation, increased insurance rates, disrupted workflow, training and hiring a temporary or permanent replacement worker, decreased worker morale, and a higher Total Recordable Incident Rate for the employer.
Hand injuries have serious and often long-term repercussions. The advantages of prevention, on the other hand, are enormous. Let’s start creating a zero-hand-injury workplace right away with these five simple measures to prevent hand injuries.
1. Put on PPE
When it comes to hand protection, wearing gloves is a must. Most hand injuries are avoidable with the proper gloves. Some gloves protect against impact injuries, others from laceration and still others from chemical burns. Understand your gloves and the level of protection they provide. Provide your employees with the appropriate gloves.
Gloves must fit properly. Gloves are uncomfortable and impede dexterity, according to many workers. Ill-fitting gloves can pose more dangers than they protect. Check that the gloves fit properly and do not restrict mobility. And, like with other equipment, gloves must constantly be in good operating order.
In addition, establish a zero-tolerance policy for not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This is a simple precaution to take, and there are no valid reasons to disregard it.
2. Make use of safe, well-maintained tools and equipment.
Providing your staff with the safest equipment and ensuring that it is constantly in good working order will greatly reduce the chance of accident. Never allow workers to utilize tools that have been tampered with or modified. Any equipment that isn’t working properly must be taken out of service until it is repaired. Workers must also employ safety guards whenever possible.
Create a schedule for equipment and tool maintenance. Also, check on a regular basis to determine if there are safer alternatives to the tools and equipment your personnel are now utilizing. For example, do your employees have the best safety knives available? Keep up with a design and material advances to ensure that your employees have access to the safest products on the market.
3. Go Ergo, Stretch, and Strengthen
Many workers are required to perform repetitive motions, and overuse-strain injuries are widespread in the workplace. To avoid these injuries, employees must avoid overworking their hands, wrists, and forearms on a daily basis. Stretching hands, fingers, and wrists before and after work, as well as once or twice an hour, will assist employees.
Make sure your employees perform actions that are diametrically opposed to those required by the repetitive task they are performing. Encourage staff to do hand strengthening exercises two or three times per week to keep their hands healthy and capable of enduring long periods of labor without becoming fatigued.
Make sure your tools and equipment are well-designed. Ergonomic items allow for natural, comfortable movements; they are created to feel like an extension of the body. This significantly reduces tiredness and muscle strain.
4. Be Alert
In general, awareness is a critical component of occupational safety. Workers must be aware of both actual and prospective hazards around them. This includes no screen time, headphones, or phone calls while working.
Furthermore, workers must always be mindful of what they are touching and where their hands are going. They should never place their hands in places where they cannot be observed.
Watch for trip-and-fall hazards: When people fall, the first thing they normally do to protect themselves is reached out their hands to catch themselves. Being mindful of your surroundings and the surfaces you come into contact with will help keep your hands safe.
5. Be Patient and Prepared
Before beginning any task, your staff must ensure that the space is safe and uncluttered and that all safeguards and standards are followed. They should pause and take a breather. Examine the environment for any clutter that could be a distraction or get in the way. Are the gloves on, and do they fit properly? Is all of the equipment in good condition? Is there anyone in the way?
Taking a moment or two to double-check that your crew is adhering to all safety protocols — not cutting corners or taking anything for granted — is an excellent approach to refocus attention on remaining safe. Consider it a variation on the carpenter’s rule: “Measure twice, cut once.”
Small Efforts Reap Big Benefits
It is simple to keep your hands healthy and injury-free. It takes continuous adherence to protocols, but consider the huge payoff: your employees keep healthy hands and avoid unpleasant, frustrating injuries. The corporation saves money and has a happier, more productive workforce.
You may establish a workplace with no hand injuries. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to help employees thrive!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of a blade cutter?
Fast cuts are made with a rotary blade cutter, details are made with a tangential knife, and fold lines are formed with a creasing tool. The blades can be automatically changed. Working with corrugated cardboard, composites, rubber, cork, and filter materials requires the usage of cutting systems.
What does cutter mean in slang?
A person who cuts himself in an attempt to relieve despair or other psychological problems. I had no idea she was a cutter. She is unable to cope with the world around her, thus she became a cutter.
How do you cut paper perfectly?
Press the ruler firmly onto the work area, or use adhesive tack to keep it in place. Place the blade of the knife precisely alongside the ruler and cut downward, carefully moving the knife toward you. Repeat several times to ensure that the paper is thoroughly cut through. When cutting, don’t use too much pressure with the knife.
How many types of cutters are there?
There are many different types to choose from. They are available in a variety of sizes and with various pincers and joints, with the three fundamental varieties being locking, adjustable, and non-adjustable. These instruments are often composed of steel.
What do you call cutting tools?
Fabric shears, culinary shears, spring-loaded shears, pruning shears, paper trimmers, craft knives, thread clippers, rotary cutters, and more tools are available.
Leave a Reply