Everyone knows that purchasing a new plastic cutter is one of the biggest decisions you’re ever going to make. That’s why it’s so important to do your research beforehand. Every plastic cutter on the market has different features. Some features might appeal to you more than others, and you have to be sure that what you want isn’t too good to be true before purchasing anything. You should also think about safety while in the process of making your decision.
Best plastic cutter : Top 10 Picks!
1. Walnut Hollow Professional Hot Knife for Cutting & Carving Foam Making Stencils and Cutting Vinyl & Plastic
- Use for cutting thin plastic sheets; models; foam shapes; gourds and pumpkins; foamcore; wax; soap; fabric; paracord
- DIY uses include cutting nylon rope; trimming vinyl flooring; and slicing through heavy plastic sheeting
- Cuts foam-core board for matting pictures; trimming plastics; and making and working with smart vinyl
- Seals edges for a clean look; ideal for quilters; trimming fabrics; and man-made fibers
- Includes two hot knife points; tool stand; and complete instructions
Additional Info :
2. Hyde Tools 45730 Plastic Cutting Tool
- This Product Is A Paint Rollers
- Plastic Hand Grip
- Super Sharp Steel Blade
- Brand Name: Hyde Tools
Additional Info :
3. Finder 10” Straight Cut Aviation Snips, Scissors for Cutting Hard Material, Metal Sheet Cutter
- ★ Ideal for cutting hard material: aluminum, sheet metal, leather, floor covering, card board and plastic.
- ★ Ergonomic designed PVC handle, comfortable grip
- ★ Anti-rust CRV steel, hard and endurable
- ★ Heat-treated blade, sharp and hard
- ★ Safety lock between the handles
4. IGAN-P6 Wire Flush Cutters, 6-inch Ultra Sharp & Powerful Side Cutter Clippers with Longer Flush Cutting Edge, Ideal Wire Snips for Crafting, Floral, Electrical & Any Clean Cut Needs
- 1.Ultra-Sharp Wire Cutters: 13/16” extra-long cutting edge can easily snips electrical wire up to 12 AWG.
- 2.Specialized Flush Cut: Improved blades design provide a smooth, flat and clean cut. Ideal wire cutters for Crafting, Floral wire, Electrical wire, Artificial flowers, Cable Ties, Plastic, Edge banding, etc.
- 3.High Hardness CR-V: Forged from chrome vanadium tool steel, heat-treated and precision ground angled head. One of the strongest 6-inch wire clippers.
- 4.Labor-saving Tools: Perfect length to provide great leverage with a spring-loaded mechanism to minimize hand fatigue.
- 5.Full lifetime warranty: If any IGAN P6 Flush Cutter ever fails for any reason, simply email or reply to the IGAN customer service and IGAN will ship a replacement.
Additional Info :
5. WINONS Hot Knife WHK-0005, Multipurpose Plastic Cutter Pen with Interchangeable Blade Heads, Easy Use Stencil Cutter for Fun Crafting (Kit of 18)
- VERSATILITY: Product has a number of blade nozzles with different shapes that allows it to use on a variety of materials and occasions
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: Total of 18 pieces including 30W handle – 10 carving knife nozzles – 1 safety stand – 2 Chuck Sleeves – 2 Chucks – 1 user manual. Please do not apply much strength not to have the head nozzle broken
- TESTING: While the free hand method empowers you to bring your artistic ideas into reality, we recommend testing on a sample of foam or plastic you’ll be using to acquire hands on practice. The tool is suitable for low density foams and thin plastic sheets with up to 3 mm thickness
- HEAT RESISTANT HANDLE: WHK-0005 comes equipped with a mechanism of cooling system which prevents the handle from heating up despite the nozzles being heated up to 212 °F/100 °C
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We offer a lifetime money-back warranty for any pertinent issue reported and a 24/7 customer support for our valuable customers
Additional Info :
6. Fletcher Terry 05-111 Scoremate Plastic Cutter
- Durable product
- This product meets the customer requirements
- Manufactured in China
Additional Info :
7. UCandy Plastic Wrap Dispenser with Cutter,4 In 1 Foil and Plastic Wrap Organizer with Ziplock Bag Storage Organizer for Aluminum Foil/Wax Paper/Parchment/Cling Film/Sandwich/Snack/Gallon/Quart
- 【High Quality Material】: This 4 in 1 wrap dispenser with cutter is made of natural eco-friendly bamboo. Sturdy and durable, easy to clean and maintain, hand-finished finely for a clean, smooth finish that won’t hurt your fingers and grocery bags.
- 【Exquisite Design】: This drawer-style gift bag organizer is designed with an openable top cover, a foil and plastic wrap dispenser with a cutter, and a zipper bag, ziplock bag organizer, which is easy to identify and sort. Handy and practical home kitchen organizer.
- 【Cutting Safety】: The plastic wrap dispenser with the two-way sliding cutter can cut quickly and neatly. Hidden blades do not harm hands or skin, are safe and easy to use.
- 【Strong Compatibility】: Suitable for most brand packaging, aluminum foil, wax paper, such as Reynolds Wrap, Glad Plastic Wrap, Saran Wrap, Cut-Rite
- 【After-sale Service】: This bamboo roll organizer kitchen is perfect for gift to family, friends, colleagues, I think they will like it. If you have any questions or suggestions about this product, please feel free to email us and we will reply within 24 hours.
8. Zantle Ratchet-type Tube and Pipe Cutter for Cutting O.D. PEX, PVC, and PPR Plastic Hoses and Plumbing Pipes up to 1-5/8″ inches, Ideal for Home Working and Plumbers (orange)
- Use Area: Durable pipe cutter for cutting PVC, plastic & rubber tubing.Great helper for home handy man, plumbers, electricians, and vehicle mechanics
- Easy Operation:One-hand Fast Poly pipe cutter tool with ratchet drive for cutting less than 1-5/8in (38mm)
- Durability: professional pipe cutter adopts ratchet drive technology to greatly save your strength
- Safe for You:In the bottom of pipe cutter, there have a stainless buckle. When you don’t use it, you can buckle the safe lock.
- Service:Our product warranty against material defects and workmanship. We promise full refund if you are not satisfied with our products. No questions asked!
Additional Info :
9. Huanyu Electric Hot Knife Rope Cutter Fabric Cutting Tool Kit 4 Blades Pro Fabric Cutter 600° C Heat Cutter 100W Heat Sealer for Sponge Cloth Board Webbing Continuous working
- 【FAST ! FUSION ! SMOOTH !】100W power, heating to 1112°F (600°C) in 6 s,can work continuously, and can also adjust the temperature steplessly; The sharp blade allows the edges to fuse quickly to avoid loose lines and achieve silky cutting!
- 【Pro Knife Seat & Connection Frame】: Pure copper knife holder, more efficient heat conduction; knife holder connected blades to protect the front shell of the host; metal tail hooks are more convenient to hang and place; compact integrated body, better holding feeling!
- 【Non-magnetic Nickel-chromium Alloy Blade*4 Types】 Strong high temperature resistance and corrosion resistance, R type–cutting cloth, leather, etc., used with the pressure plate to achieve padless cutting; ARC type–thicker flat cloth; SHARP Type–cutting plastic pipes; SHOVEL blades–removing dirt and cleaning surfaces, such as glue (search for ASIN: B07PQGJZYG on Amazon to buy a single blade).
- 【Industrial grade】It can be used to cut sponge, foam, plastic rubber acrylic board, carpet PVC pipe, synthetic fabric, rope braid, canvas, leather, and can also be used to clean up cork dirt. Easy and fluent! Save materials! Leave no burrs! Fast edge banding!
- 【Portable & Safe】 It weighs only 395g, and the 3m power cord makes it easier to move. Electronic micro switch can be turned off when you leave your hand to ensure the safety of users!
Additional Info :
10. Hercules 1575H Foam Rubber Cutter – Heavy-Duty Cutting Tool, Designed for Fast, Production Cutting of All Densities of Foam Rubber & Flexible Plastic Foam- Tool ONLY
- 💪 Fast, production cutting of all densities of foam rubber and flexible plastic foams.
- 💪 Twin counter-reciprocating blade action ensures precise cutting, plus low vibration and noise.
- 💪 Blades and blade-guides are SOLD SEPARATELY and available in four different lengths from 3 to 12 inches.
- 💪 The tool-free blade change system provides fast and easy blade changes in just a few seconds.
- 💪 The aluminum footplate with brass wheels (sold separately) allows the tool assembly to effortlessly roll on the work surface to ensure cut accuracy and to keep the blade guide from dragging and scratching your surface.
Additional Info :
What to Look for When Buying plastic cutter
Some of the most important elements to consider before purchasing for plastic cutter are listed below. These are important considerations because the cutters you’re considering purchasing can either make or break your experiences.
Check to see if the plastic cutter you’re about to buy is adaptable and can be used for more than just cutting things. Some cutters have a serrated jaw that can be used to carefully remove thing insulation. Others can be utilized for certain purposes.
Managing and finding a balance between the many types of cutters you’ll receive is critical to getting the most out of your plastic cutter.
Always keep in mind that a good cutter is both safe and secure to use. I propose that you stick with some of the well-known and respected brands, as the things they produce are of high quality and well-received.
For example, if you’re an electrician, you might want to invest in an plastic cutter so you can confidently strip things and make clean cuts on cables without worry of being electrocuted.
Furthermore, check to see if the plastic cutter you’re considering purchasing has any kind of safety features, such as locks, latches, or straps, so that you can securely protect not just yourself but also your instruments and the whole working environment.
It is also critical to consider the material utilized in the cutter’s construction. Keep in mind that premium fence cutters, steel cutters, and other huge cutters are constructed from some of the most refined metal alloys that are durable enough for rough use.
Carbon steel, vanadium, and chromium are examples of special alloys. Furthermore, some manufacturers fortify these already robust metals by treating them with extra compounds that can make the products resistant to rusting and corrosion.
This is the final critical item to consider before ahead with your purchase. As a starting point, I’ve created a self-questionnaire that you can use before purchasing a plastic cutter:
- Is the plastic cutter the same size as my hand?
- Do you like the way it feels when you hold it?
- Can I handle the plastic cutter weight?
- Does it have a luxury feel?
- Is it constructed of high-quality gripping handle materials?
Comfort is paramount for plastic cutter. You don’t want to have hand cramps while using thing shears on the job because it will hinder your performance.
If you want to acquire a cutter that will last for a long time, you should make an informed decision. Many cutters are incapable of severing large cables. As a result, you may discover the need to purchase a new cutter in the future.
It is pointless to force and push a cutter beyond its capabilities because it will eventually wear it down. Choose a cutter that can do a variety of cuts.
Another significant factor to consider is the material used to make the plastic cutter. Regardless of things thickness, the cutter should be strong enough to support the cuts.
5 Tips to Keep Hands Safe
Why Focus on Hands?
Because hands are on the front lines of physical labor, they are frequently in danger. Coating professionals, on the other hand, cannot execute their tasks without healthy hands. Having two palms and ten digits is essential for a productive, efficient labor. Hand safety should be a key priority.
Consider that restoring and healing a hand can soon become a complex and time-consuming task. Hands, fingers, and wrists entail a complicated interplay of numerous microscopic moving parts that are extremely difficult to repair if they are interrupted. Because hands are engaged in fine motor movements, regaining complete capability may take days, weeks, or months of dedicated physical therapy.
Hand injuries can result in discomfort, inability or limited ability to work, surgery and rehab, mental and emotional strain from being wounded, and daily hassles outside of work for the worker. A hand injury may result in hospitalization and ongoing physical therapy costs, workers’ compensation, increased insurance rates, disrupted workflow, training and hiring a temporary or permanent replacement worker, decreased worker morale, and a higher Total Recordable Incident Rate for the employer.
Hand injuries have serious and often long-term repercussions. The advantages of prevention, on the other hand, are enormous. Let’s start creating a zero-hand-injury workplace right away with these five simple measures to prevent hand injuries.
1. Put on PPE
When it comes to hand protection, wearing gloves is a must. Most hand injuries are avoidable with the proper gloves. Some gloves protect against impact injuries, others from laceration and still others from chemical burns. Understand your gloves and the level of protection they provide. Provide your employees with the appropriate gloves.
Gloves must fit properly. Gloves are uncomfortable and impede dexterity, according to many workers. Ill-fitting gloves can pose more dangers than they protect. Check that the gloves fit properly and do not restrict mobility. And, like with other equipment, gloves must constantly be in good operating order.
In addition, establish a zero-tolerance policy for not wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This is a simple precaution to take, and there are no valid reasons to disregard it.
2. Make use of safe, well-maintained tools and equipment.
Providing your staff with the safest equipment and ensuring that it is constantly in good working order will greatly reduce the chance of accident. Never allow workers to utilize tools that have been tampered with or modified. Any equipment that isn’t working properly must be taken out of service until it is repaired. Workers must also employ safety guards whenever possible.
Create a schedule for equipment and tool maintenance. Also, check on a regular basis to determine if there are safer alternatives to the tools and equipment your personnel are now utilizing. For example, do your employees have the best safety knives available? Keep up with a design and material advances to ensure that your employees have access to the safest products on the market.
3. Go Ergo, Stretch, and Strengthen
Many workers are required to perform repetitive motions, and overuse-strain injuries are widespread in the workplace. To avoid these injuries, employees must avoid overworking their hands, wrists, and forearms on a daily basis. Stretching hands, fingers, and wrists before and after work, as well as once or twice an hour, will assist employees.
Make sure your employees perform actions that are diametrically opposed to those required by the repetitive task they are performing. Encourage staff to do hand strengthening exercises two or three times per week to keep their hands healthy and capable of enduring long periods of labor without becoming fatigued.
Make sure your tools and equipment are well-designed. Ergonomic items allow for natural, comfortable movements; they are created to feel like an extension of the body. This significantly reduces tiredness and muscle strain.
4. Be Alert
In general, awareness is a critical component of occupational safety. Workers must be aware of both actual and prospective hazards around them. This includes no screen time, headphones, or phone calls while working.
Furthermore, workers must always be mindful of what they are touching and where their hands are going. They should never place their hands in places where they cannot be observed.
Watch for trip-and-fall hazards: When people fall, the first thing they normally do to protect themselves is reached out their hands to catch themselves. Being mindful of your surroundings and the surfaces you come into contact with will help keep your hands safe.
5. Be Patient and Prepared
Before beginning any task, your staff must ensure that the space is safe and uncluttered and that all safeguards and standards are followed. They should pause and take a breather. Examine the environment for any clutter that could be a distraction or get in the way. Are the gloves on, and do they fit properly? Is all of the equipment in good condition? Is there anyone in the way?
Taking a moment or two to double-check that your crew is adhering to all safety protocols — not cutting corners or taking anything for granted — is an excellent approach to refocus attention on remaining safe. Consider it a variation on the carpenter’s rule: “Measure twice, cut once.”
Small Efforts Reap Big Benefits
It is simple to keep your hands healthy and injury-free. It takes continuous adherence to protocols, but consider the huge payoff: your employees keep healthy hands and avoid unpleasant, frustrating injuries. The corporation saves money and has a happier, more productive workforce.
You may establish a workplace with no hand injuries. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to help employees thrive!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of a blade cutter?
Fast cuts are made with a rotary blade cutter, details are made with a tangential knife, and fold lines are formed with a creasing tool. The blades can be automatically changed. Working with corrugated cardboard, composites, rubber, cork, and filter materials requires the usage of cutting systems.
What does cutter mean in slang?
A person who cuts himself in an attempt to relieve despair or other psychological problems. I had no idea she was a cutter. She is unable to cope with the world around her, thus she became a cutter.
How do you cut paper perfectly?
Press the ruler firmly onto the work area, or use adhesive tack to keep it in place. Place the blade of the knife precisely alongside the ruler and cut downward, carefully moving the knife toward you. Repeat several times to ensure that the paper is thoroughly cut through. When cutting, don’t use too much pressure with the knife.
How many types of cutters are there?
There are many different types to choose from. They are available in a variety of sizes and with various pincers and joints, with the three fundamental varieties being locking, adjustable, and non-adjustable. These instruments are often composed of steel.
What do you call cutting tools?
Fabric shears, culinary shears, spring-loaded shears, pruning shears, paper trimmers, craft knives, thread clippers, rotary cutters, and more tools are available.
Leave a Reply